Alien Variant Covers

So did Disney/Marvel get the comic rights to Alien or do they own the property now?

I really don’t want to see the Kathleen Kenedy treatment applied to the Nostromoverse. I’m not a die hard Alien fan the way I was about Star Wars (Mandalorian is winning me back), but I respect the source material.

Alien, Alien: Islolation, Aliens, and Alien 3 are all just fine.

1 Like

Disney/Marvel got the comic-book rights to Aliens as well as Predator, took it from Dark Horse.

When Disney acquired 20th Century Fox they got the film rights to all that too–plus the X-men and Fantastic Four, which got more attention at the time.

Basically, if they own the film rights why would they let another publisher own the rights to their comic when they have Marvel, seems to be the reasoning. Same thing happened with Star Wars some years ago. Disney bought the film rights to Star Wars and then took the comic rights from Dark Horse to Marvel. Dark Horse has had a rough decade.

This makes sense…I forgot about the Fox angle.

Dark Horse should consider purchasing longer publication rights to properties in the future so Disney doesn’t end up letting them lapse and takeover since they’re buying everything… :wink:

1 Like

The creative team of Phillip Kennedy Johnson (DC’s The Last God ) and Salvador Larroca (Marvel’s Star Wars ) will team for Alien , a new series featuring a “bold take on the Alien mythology” as well as “both new and classic characters” from the movies, centering on Gabriel Cruz, a new character described by the publisher as “a Weyland-Yutani mercenary.”

YOU ALL DO KNOW that MY NAME is Gabriel Cruz… jejejeje

Phillip Kennedy Johnson is a friend of mine. He lives up the street from me, for real. He asked me over a beer recently, if you had to name a mercenary, a real bad player, total scum bag, someone who no one wants to be around. The kind of guy of guy babies cry at if they see him. A dog kicking kind of guy. What would you name him.

I said Agent Poyo. But then we quickly realized that Chew and Image would probably sue him for that.

So we settled on Gabriel Cruz.

Phillip is also writing Superman coming up and introducing two new Villains named Alana and JClu.

I love having so much power in the comic world. Muhahahahaha.

Just kidding (Phillip does live up the street from me though) but wouldn’t it be cool if they made an action figure?

1 Like

I don’t kick puppies or dogs… Humans yes (most deserve a good ass kicking), puppies not so much. Love the furry pooping organic machines…

You know, you could have given him my real name and no one would have ever known… but my real name doesn’t sound like the mercenary bad guy type…

That made me laugh out loud, Tony. It’s always an honour to be mentioned in the same sentence with the spec Queen herself. :100:

Thanks, I will be here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waitresses and bartender.

Yes, your real name sounds like someone who would be involved in a church embezzlement scandals.

1 Like

I won’t lie… as you’re not wrong, it actually kind of does.

So you’re saying I could totally be “Scumbag” but in a non drug abuser super power type of way comic?

I really, really like this! I may just do the whole “buy enough to get it” if I need to.

2 Likes

It must be your last name, Poyo, because your first name is tried and tested.

This a cover I’m loving. Looks straight out the movie.

4 Likes

Gleason cover. Nice pace of change for him.

Well, hopefully that was contained in a Star Wars, other properties they took over like Marvel, Pixar etc seem to have fared better. Hopefully, the contain the KK disaster and let Fav/Filoni take the reigns from now.

Oh darn this is a ratio, was gonna order if it was just a normal variant.

As of right now, Diamond is showing this as a regular variant cover and not a ratio.

3 Likes

That’s the one I highlighted out of all of them in my Marvel Previews… :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes