Amazing Fantasy 15 Newsstand First Amadeus Cho on eBay

I’ve had some more unexpected expenses so I’ve listed another Modern Key Newsstand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-NM-Or-So-Newsstand-First-Amadeus-Cho-See-Pics-Description/383675635997?hash=item5954d9991d%3Ag%3AT7YAAOSwpRRfNSjv&LH_BIN=1

1 Like

Holy Shit!! I wasn’t expecting it to sell so fast and for the full asking price of $1200. I believe it was $60 I paid for it back in March. Still awaiting payment though.

2 Likes

Behold, the power of CHU For Sale and Trading Category… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Seriously I listed it, went out to the garden for an hour or so and came back and it was sold. I actually just noticed there were competing offers. eBay makes sure buyers know about that when it happens. FOMO played a part. I kinda hope they don’t pay so I can list it for more. God I’m a greedy son of a ■■■■■.

Now… don’t go spending all that money on more Newsstands if you got bills to pay… :wink:

1 Like

It’s a good book and a good character. Gratz on the sale.

I believe I posted about this some time ago. You all will likely give me some ribbing, but I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

Amadeus Cho was repeatedly brought up and mentioned in the TV series “This is Us”. I think that is an extremely big deal. This is a very, very unknown character (or so we think) outside of our comic book realm. The fact that this character was brought up on television, on the #1 show in America, more than once in separate episodes, makes me believe that people in the right circles are well aware of him and we will see him come into play sooner rather than later.

1 Like

You should buy a couple double cover venom 27s with that cash…great investment! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Was he? I watched that show and must have missed it

1 Like

@Jester00 Few scenes between Randall and his political assistant in the shows where he was running for office and such. Because his election official was doing a great job/very saavy, and of Asian descent. Called him “Amadeus Cho” a few times in their bantering back and forth as I recall.

That would make sense. I figured that would be where it would be mentioned

I don’t care for the “slightly worn” designation but that’s cool.

Congrats on the sale! The way to do it!

1 Like

As long as you are “slightly rich” who cares what they say!

1 Like

Bro where did you pay 60 for such a dope book??? I love CHO in the Ultimate Spidey show. still can’t believe hey canceled that show it was easily the best they had put out in terms of animated storytelling. Sony is pretty much hyping every spidey char ever I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing Sony asking Andy Serkis to lead the filmverse towards Knull. Maybe baby steps for next 5 movies then an Avengers esque film with Spiderverse chars in live action. Miles, Gwen, they bring in Cates to help map it all out. WHY WOULD YOU NOT ITS CASH MONEY. Guys/gals you think moderns are hot now…just wait. We are just getting started. With Mandalorian tech they can do anything. Literally.

1 Like

Where I’ve gotten all my books in the last few years, eBay.

Todd is CHUs resident modern newsstand guy.

1 Like

I’m getting a really strong feeling I’ve got a dead beat buyer. When the person won Sent a message thanking them for the purchase. Reassured them that it would be shipped safely, securely, quickly and full insured. I also included a ps saying if they had buyers remorse to just let me know so I could get the fees credited and get it relisted. I’ve heard nothing from them and will be opening an unpaid item case ASAP. It’s only been two days but that plenty of time to pay or message me back.

1 Like

Maybe the buyer wanted the item to be noticed on ebay so he could sell his copy higher…

3 Likes

I was pretty surprised how quickly that sale data/report hit Key collector & data was relayed.
I mean, I get that we discussed it here…it is interesting & a great book, but…

2 Likes