Bad Idea CEO/CCO Dinesh Shamdasani Interview Live Friday!

Hey All,

Just letting you know we’ll have Dinesh Shamdasani on the show this Friday 02/12 at 9pm ET/6pm PT. We’ll be talking his new company Bad Idea, but also his time at Valiant as well as comics in general. Join us!

1 Like

It’s scheduled for 30 minutes, but the second 15 minutes is just the first 15 minutes re-played (because he accidentally over-booked himself for the interview time period).

Man, I hope you grill the ■■■■ outta him.

3 Likes

If you are live streaming please link it here when you do.

1 Like

@ComicBookCannon care if we also post on main site? If there is a live stream, we can post when it goes live.

3 Likes

Sure thing @agentpoyo . We’d greatly appreciate that. @Anthony this is the actual link to the live show:

We’re live every Friday 9pm ET/6pm PT.

Just a note, we are a weekly live talk show, so this interview is a part of that show as a whole. Also, full disclosure, this is not a “gotcha” interview. We’re going to talk to him about Bad Idea as a whole and their unique approach to launch. We will also hit upon the allocation situation as well. Our goal is to be fair and balanced. Looking forward to you CHU members checking it out!

1 Like

@ComicBookCannon …I’ve heard rumours that Dinesh had invested, or partnered up in some way with Nick from key collect app. Could you kindly ask him about that when you interview him. Some concrete info would sure help settle any rumours. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ll tune in for sure!

1 Like

I absolutely appreciate the suggestion! That being said, I can’t find any sort of info on that other than this 2018 article where Valiant partnered with Key Collector to showcase some of their key issues:

We’d love to have you join!

The rumour was just that, a rumour. It was discussed on at least one online comic book forum. It was around the time that Bad Ideas Hero Trade Ashcan was released, and subsequently mentioned/promoted by nick and his app.
I like Dinesh, from what I know of him, and I am very keen on the Bad Idea books, and am fortunate enough to have a LCS that will be carrying their books. I just wanted to know if there was any substance to the rumour and thought that this would be a good opportunity to do so. No ill will intended, at all.

2 Likes

Yeah they talked about that hero trade ashcan a lot for weeks straight on that comic tom hottest back issue list they do a lot, now its all a bunch of old silver and bronze age books

Why are people paying big money for the Hero Trade Ashcan ?I understand at least the Marvel Previews #95 features an extremely popular character in Miles Morales. being expensive,but Hero trade being expensive makes no sense to me.

1 Like

No, definitely didn’t think you had any ill will. Just trying to see where that was coming from, that article was all I could find. All good and hope you’re able to tune in!

1 Like

Because it randomly showed up in stores and was very very limited if I receall, like maybe at most 200 or so

1 Like

Also part of the problem is it looked like some random crap indy book no one asked for. Retailers probably saw the black and white, one copy, along with the note and thought ugh and they went into the trash. That happened at my lcs and they were searching the dumpster for it when it popped

1 Like

Okay.I still don’t get it,but people can pay whatever they want to.The only thing going for it is limited supply and hyped up by people.LOL.I think the novelty will wear off in years because it has no historical significance.Other indie retailers could try to the same thing Bad idea is doing right now.

1 Like

I mean, “The Hero Trade,” was a pretty cool story, I’d say, having read it. I don’t know if that makes it worth the absurd online prices considering it’ll be reprinted as a back-up story in future Bad Idea comics, but yeah.

If Bad Idea has big success and becomes a well known publisher in the future, it might remain (or grow?) in value as the first comic released by them AND being in such low quantities. But who knows.

I have a question. Does he eat cereal and can he do so without getting a drop of milk in his beard? Jk. Seriously though guys with beards can you?