BATGIRL #50 - 1st app new BATWOMAN

The day the article was released I went on eBay and bought a copy of each for cover or less. The next day they were a$60 set. I still got mine and I’m saving the seller.

I’m scared to read my copy… its so minty.

2 Likes

Yeah. This is really shady on their part. And as soon as a distributor says the word “allocation” it is a free pass for some shops to also short their regulars and blame the distributor.

Only happens with hot comics!

1 Like

To be fair, shortages/damages happen regularly every week, and people only tend to notice or pay attention when it happens to a hot comic. No one cares if some random Dynamite title is shorted, but if it’s something selling for above cover on eBay suddenly everyone does.

If anyone says they were shorted/allocated and cancels orders then is selling them later above cover price, though, screw them.

2 Likes

None of my LCSs had the book on shelves - went to four of them.

The owner at the smallest LCS had all copies bagged and boarded and sitting behind the counter, out of sight.

I know this because I asked if he got any copies and he went back, grabbed one (Cover A), and put it on top of the stack of books I was buying + sold it to me for cover price.

The copy I got wasn’t minty at all but whatever.

Did they not give you any copies of this book at all? Or did they just short you and not give you the full quantity ordered? It’s BS either way, given that you ordered them 7 days prior to street date, but curious as to whether they even gave you say, 1-2 copies of each book?

Yeah, I had the max 25 in my cart just to see what they had left. It was going to let me purchase all 25z I ended up buying two…never saw a limit 1…now my invoice says limit 1 but they charged me qty 2…so we’ll see what shows up…better be two if they charge me for two.

1 of each is all they gave me

:man_facepalming: smh

Both of my primary LCSs were sold out right away. Glad I got one copy via TFAW.

1 Like

Same, my lcs said the first 4 people in the store that day bought them all. Glad I picked up 1 of each cover from TFAW.

Sold my 2 copies for a tidy profit of $70.

2 Likes

In regards to MCS, that’s very common that you can put several in your cart, but in the checkout process it cuts it to one. Happens to me all the time.

All my copies I preordered from TFAW processed no problem.

Bah.

Went to the LCS to double up on this week’s Amazing Spider-man cover B and ended up finding a copy of Batgirl #50 cover B on the new book shelf in between some Red Hood/Outlaws #50

Needless to say I went home with this hidden copy :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nice…

2nd Print

2 Likes

It’s up on our site now. FOC is Sunday so we’ll probably be putting orders in by end of today.

1 Like

That’s interering…recollored b variant?

It’s new art by Riley Rossmo.

2 Likes