Black Adam #1 1st app of Malik Adam

No problem with Davids moderation - I made a suggestion, you ran with it !

So, in the future, we ask that suggestions for moderation be done via PM/DM. We don’t need everyone chiming in with their two cents. It’s just turns into a distraction and takes the TOPIC off topic!

I thought we were trying to get back on topic?

Black Adam sucks…no matter what his alter ego is. Prove me wrong

There…back on topic. :wink:

2 Likes

I think Black Adam is a fun character when written well. He just suffers from some crappy stories. He’s like Marvel’s Namor in that way. A ruler who is a jerk but does heroic stuff too.

1 Like

Retailers will be shocked when so many people will be actually asking about a dc book.

2 Likes

Why? A preview was available for retailers to read before FOC. They had a heads up…if they read it.

I really like Black Adam, and I think he is more like Doctor Doom than Namor, if I had to make a comparison to Marvel.

1 Like

I could see that argument as well, although I often think of Doom as more straight up evil besides those rare times he tries to be heroic in certain storylines.

I doubt many retailers expect any DC spec even if they read a comic. It’s just been so cold!

2 Likes

Will be cold for a long time, until DC hires better writers and artists with fresh ideas.

2 Likes

I mean, hopefully Priest will kill it on, “Black Adam,” and maybe Zdarsky will give us a great, “Batman,” run. Otherwise, the only DC book I’m really digging is what I’ve read of, “Task Force Z,” as it’s so bonkers.

1 Like

Because dc spec sucks, usually.

1 Like

Yup, if and when DC spec is on fire, it’s very brief and short lived. You almost have to have the comics in hand ahead of release and presell while it’s high because normally after release, it fizzles off quickly.

2 Likes

Not doing too bad

Does anyone else think the character on the 1:25 variant for Black Adam #1 is the new guy and not the current Black Adam? He looks younger and doesn’t have a widows peak in his hairline. Maybe this is his 1st cover…?!

He looks like a white dude.

Isn’t new guy (Malik) going to be wearing a white outfit? Issue 4:

1 Like

These A covers for the next few issues are great. I thought issue 1 was a good read. Despite not being a big DC person, I’m going to stick with this one to see how it goes.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I was going to post the exact same thing earlier but didn’t have time. The A covers are all phenomenal for this series.