Black Adam #1 1st app of Malik Adam

Black Adam #1 Cover H Incentive Lucio Parrillo Card Stock Foil Variant Cover - Midtown Comics

Just added more today

https://screenrant.com/black-adam-problematic-white-name-malik-successor-dc/

More controversy

What controversy ?

Because changing the name because the character doesn’t like white because he is black is reverse discrimination. You don’t think that will create controversy?

No. Its part of the story. Name will change to Bolt, we already know this…

1 Like

I forgot about the Bolt name change. I’m glad that’s going to change. Not a fan of White Adam, TBH.

What you don’t think the writer is doing that for a reason? Who cares if it’s part of the story. A person still writes it. As usual, you are missing the whole point, as if the story writes itself.

I just read this article, and it’s saying it’s literally part of the storyline? I don’t see the issue, are comics not allowed to be socially aware? Are you angry that he says he doesn’t want to be called white Adam? Or are you angry that he’s pointing out the stereotype (that many Americans unfortunately have) of the ‘good white’ vs ‘bad black’ and how it is detrimental to America today?

Because the way you are framing it, seems to be the ladder.

Yes the latter. If a white character did that, some people would freak.

Bingo.

1 Like

There is no “good black” “bad white” stereotype in this country, homey, so this is imaginary and wouldn’t make a bit of sense. You’re right, people would freak because it was non-sensical.

DC is making red canary from black Canary and I don’t see anyone freaking out.

Then why would white adam be a problem for a black character?

I think Priest is doing this to create a dialogue and discuss the ideas of controversy and such. I mean, it got attention.

Nope. Monopojackson said there’s no controversy here. It’s just part of the story and has nothing to do with making a statement.

Idk who this is or what she has to do with black Adam.

It has nothing to do with it. Not constructively anyway.

1 Like

It’s about White Adam and the changing of his name, as part of the story, to make a statement.