Black Knight: Curse of The Ebony Blade

She seems like a prime candidate for the mcu, eventually. Hopefully, Dane’s character is really good in Eternals. Hard to say though if they will expand on the timeline.

1 Like

all the buzz is that disney is very happy with how the eternals came out,.

2 Likes

The #5 cover A are starting to move

4 Likes

Trending upward

2 Likes

Nice! Gonna hit the store see if any shelf copies around

1 Like

Yep. I called it! Ugh. At least (…SPOILER!…) they didn’t kill off Dane in the process. I mean even at the end he’s whining about having some made up for this storyline (?) girlfriend when he was younger that he totally failed with at every turn until she died. Gah. What issue does Spurrier have with Whitman?! From beginning to end it’s like he didn’t even bother to read anything about the character before writing this sh*t show. I didn’t hate the ending. But the mini was total trash. Please keep Spurrier off any future BK books! He’s a hack that has no desire to learn history before moving in and destroying classic characters just for the fun of it, so he can shoehorn in some younger version for today’s readers. I’m honestly off all future Spurrier books. He’s not getting another dime of my money.

1 Like

I can only speak to my area and searching, but #5 was a complete ghost. Not even that anyone was buying them up, but that they simply weren’t ordered. Hit 3 shops at open, found one copy. Two of the shops told me flat out they only ordered for pulls. I think even the Hans incentive didn’t help much because all of the issues had her variant and while I do like Hans, they weren’t all that unique from one to the other (my opinion of course).

Zero luck finding that #1 Stormbreakers either.

3 Likes

Yeah, not many #5s anywhere in my stores so far. Really crazy considering the solicitation. Been grabbing #1s whenever I see them ever since I read it.

6 Likes

Only one listing for black knight 5 cover A on all of ebay, you think there would be more by now.

2 Likes

People are holding and not selling…

3 Likes

Yep #1 cabal and #5 are long holds

2 Likes

I think #1 and #5 are the best first appearances of the year so far.
Gender Swap :white_check_mark:
Race Swap✅
Child of an Avenger✅
Mantle passed on✅
Low Printed✅
No exclusives✅
No later printings at least yet✅
Has Miles, Gwen, RiRi, Silk, Cho, Kamala potential.

6 Likes

just wait for the 2nd print… :yum:

2 Likes

pretty sure they dont say who her mom is in the comics yet. could make thing more interesting down the road

2 Likes

I’m not even going to touch the 1st ptg. Just give me that 2nd print with first cover goodness.

3 Likes

I’m gonna look to you all for a head’s up :slight_smile:
Live has been a bit hectic lately…while I’m still above par in my digging (had a nice haul this last weekend I haven’t posted yet), I’ve definitely missed the boat on some things I usually wouldn’t have.

Glad I have you all (and I truly mean that).

3 Likes

EXACTLY :wink:

2 Likes

These 3 copies just showed up in my FB feed if anyone is interested (although I’ve never used the store, sorry):

https://southsidecomicspgh.com/Black-Knight-Curse-Ebony-Blade-%235-(Of-5)-DCDL190567-66990/

Good store ordered from them multiples times.

(…SPOILERS…) The mom is some girlfriend named Ashima he met when they were teenagers. She died of cancer.

2 Likes