Black Widow Credits Scene Spoiler!

Not necessarily, She may want a cut of the monthly subscriptions now, possibly an extra $50 million+. I doubt Disney would release a non-factual statement, but we can do a friendly wager. I say it’s factual and she gets a bonus from the Premiere Access on top of her $20 million.

This from the same company that refused to pay authors their royalty fees because they didn’t “inherit” that part of their contract. Sorry mate. Disney has always been a greedy company that’s eager to screw over their employees.

As with most divorces, both probably have legitimate points & both are probably off-their-rocker to some degree. Two polar opposite views of the same thing; each grabbing for theirs for whatever their reason is. They’ll probably end up somewhere in the “vast” middle of the polar opposite spectrum.

It’s just the way many strained relationships end when $$$ are involved - in a court - be it personal or business.

1 Like

Except this situation doesn’t involve 2 people. It’s an employee vs an employer. The employer didn’t fulfill their end of the contract

1 Like

It was metaphoric… sheesh :roll_eyes:

All the more reason why they will not be dumb enough to release a false statement on a social platform.

1 Like

Mwahahahaha. Where all the Disney defenders now? ScarJo FTW

I think this isn’t new, they always wanted to release Shang-Chi in theaters, since the pandemic would hopefully be winding down. Many theaters all over the world were closed during Black Widow, thus the decision to release simultaneously on streaming.

Bob Chapek reiterated during the Q3 FY2021 investor conference call that the theatrical release would always be important, but not realistic due to the pandemic and timeframe. I know people who could not get to theaters in their home countries due to lockdowns. Furthermore, BW had already been delayed several times which was backlogging the future Marvel movies.

Looking forward to seeing Shang-Chi in theaters, then re-watching it on Disney+ later on. : )

3 Likes

disney needed to pay off scarjo like wb did with gal gadot, would have saved them the bad press and lawyer fees

Lol, the pandemic is nowhere near winding down. Venom 2 already got delayed again.

They would rather postpone a Disney + release than renegotiate contracts. This is clearly a decision based on ScarJo’s lawsuit.

But hey, maybe the movie will be a slow burn and generate money for the actors.

Well, if theaters are closed again they may bump it, but it is doubtful, since the delta variant doesn’t really have a bad mortality rate vs vaccinated individuals.

Pospone a Disney+ release? I thought the problem was they accelerated the release for BW.

Nah, they announced a while ago that Shang-Chi was a planned theatrical only release. Chapek was talking about it during the last investor call in May. That was a few months ago.

Here’s the article about it from May 2021.

Chapek talked about that, saying that release schedules were decided in advance, so it was tough to predict the actual circumstances surrounding the date due to the pandemic. I think all the Canadian cinemas were close on BW’s release.

Don’t worry about Scarjo, I think her net worth is approx. $168 mil. I’m sure her and the mouse house will work something out : )

Well, the lawyers will. Apparently Disney has cut all ties with Scarlett Johansson now… :wink:

1 Like

I just heard that it is only 45 days of theater exclusive then I guess it will come to D+

ScarJo was planning her lawsuit way back in 2019

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/scarlett-johansson-sues-disney-over-black-widow-streaming-release.html

Her lawyers reached out to Disney multiple times. They knew it was coming but still wanted to throw their weight around. It’s no wonder Chapek is seen as a downgrade compared to Iger.

1 Like

So far, Disney has weathered the pandemic pretty well and Disney+ has done great. I am looking forward to the 100+ shows a year on Disney+ includind Book of Boba Fett, Mando S3, and Ahsoka. Still hoping for X-men and FF on the horizon. Also hoping for more new content like High Republic and possibly Strange Academy. I feel the future is bright for Disney, and for us fans.

Disney is not doing great as a corp based on stock value.

“Disney shares have gained less than 1% this year, badly trailing the S&P 500 index, which has increased by more than 20% since January 1. Disney may struggle to make up that ground until the pandemic recedes.”

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

Yeah, they are not doing great this year because they ran up 157% since their share price was $79 last year. It was a due for a pullback from the delta variant. They are still 10% from all time highs.

I bought the bulk of my shares at $89 and sold the rip at $201, but I did recently rebuy at 160+ and resold yesterday on the 5% bump.

Great company to hold for the long term or trade the swings. So far I have quadrapled my principle doing that and getting into MGM/UAA since last March. But so far my best investment has been in AMC at $4, lol.

That’s cool but doesn’t have anything to do with ScarJo’s lawsuit or how Chapek burns bridges with actors.

Thanks, I was responding to Amustin’s comment.

Disney will be fine, and lots of content means awesomeness ahead for us. : )

Russo Brothers waiting it out

3 Likes