Black Winter in Silver Surfer Black #4?

And that’s where all this clashes with Omnipotentis

Doesn’t matter though… Donny works for Marvel who feel like rewriting their own property… You’re taking this like it’s personal… it’s all make believe… none of this really matters! :wink:

1 Like

@agentpoyo yeah, they definitely seem awfully similar to me.

Yeah they do, just different name.

So far Donny Cates has retcond Thanos, Silver Surfer, Thor, Punisher, Ghostrider, every spider character, Galactus, etc… at this point we can rename Marvel, Cates Comics

So be it. Instead of bitching about it here, go write Marvel. So, discuss Silver Surfer Black #4 or just don’t discuss it at all.

Back on topic please…

It used to be if you didn’t like something in comics you had to deal with it…Now they just re-book every half decade or so. EVERYBODY HAPPY!!!

Isn’t it still that? The copyright owners who hire writers and artists can do whatever they want with their own property. You can complain all you want… but it’s their choice in the matter.

If Marvel wants Donny Cates or Mickey Mouse to rewrite their existing characters or origin stories, so be it, not our decision.

Hate Donny or love him, just like Peach Momoko, his shit sells… and that’s what Marvel wants since last I checked, they’re a business in this to make a product that sells.

Okay… back to Silver Surfer #4 and will the real Black Winter stand up?

2 Likes

I remember when the subject of black winter originally came up, I remember someone else referencing that Thanos 4 as well. Jim Comics maybe? I forget. Then Key Coll added it to their listing as well on Thanos 4. I’d lean more towards inspiration then same character though.

I agree Poyo that I read that SSB4 more as a reference then pictured, but it’s so hard to tell with Moore’s art style what is going on there.

As you said really only Cates (or I guess Moore) could clear up what’s going on there.

To me, unless Cates locks it down as to what is what, the market may forget the various 1st app/cameo debate (SSB4, Thor 2, Thor 4) and just go with Thor 5 as the book as first full and the book to grab. Name on cover, manifestation and dialogue instead of cloud, etc…making that 1:25 maybe worth the hype behind it right now. Wouldn’t be the first time the market ignored first app/cameo and went with the full. Who knows, time will tell.

1 Like

Not complaining, (much anyway) pretty much the way I look at it as well… That is why I have holes in my collections for times where I didn’t enjoy the writer/artist or the particular direction a character was taken…give it a little while and another writer would change things up again or nowadays there is a flat out re-boot, usually too often. More ofte than not I enjoy the ride.

As far as SSB 4 goes who knows how Cates will change it up. He loves throwing curve balls. Like many have stated it isn’t a bad spec series all around. Good read and…interesting art.

Yup… I was just getting back into comics, they just releaed Talon in DC… I’m like, this guy looks cool. Oh nice, the writing is good too… then immediately when it switched from Snyder to Tynion, I was like, this is utter horse shit… and stopped reading altogether, went about my way…

1 Like

Hmmm…

Yeah but if you read the interiors, that face becomes Galactus… Maybe Black Winter created Galactus in his own image? :wink:

:thinking:

2 Likes

the ssb4 just seems like a really bad attempt by a few people to dump there unsold copies

I mean, we can’t deny that Black Winter is referenced in the book but is it him? I’m gonna say no but hopefully Cates will respond to clarify it all… :slight_smile:

For the record, not that it matters or that anyone cares, but, I’m with @Alana on this. Cates’ writing is lazy and convenient, it is in no way ‘smart’ writing. His writing, given the history of the books, is full of unexplained, gaping plot holes. It is fun and exciting, I guess, but it does poop all over the history of each character he corrupts. And that is all I have to say about that.

And I’m fairly certain I’ve seen dark clouds in a bunch of old Marvel stuff. Was that BW lurking in the background? :joy:

1 Like

The thing that sort of makes me laugh, is that every single time I see a picture/image of Black Winter and all of this talk about him/it…I can’t help but picture Parallax from the Green Lantern movie. A big cloud of nothing with a horribly done CGC face. A “endless cloud of nothing that devours all”!!!

Cates ripping off a crappy Green Lantern movie! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t Galactus also depicted as a black cloud thingy in the FF Silver Surfer movie?
Cates’ ripping off a bad FF movie. :joy:

3 Likes

I think you are right! I want to see a fight between Beyonder and Black Winter…white light and a voice versus big black cloud with a couple of fire eyes. Let’s get ready to ruuuuummmmbbbbbllleee.

1 Like