Bronze & Copper age comics heating up!

Red label CGC….that might be a 9.8 now…

Red labels they were much more tight with grading…they actually fetch a slight premium over later labels as a result.

4 Likes

Those red labels don’t show up all that often, especially with keys.

1 Like

What does a red label mean ? Thanks, never seen one

In the early days of CGC they experimented using a red label for modern books. It didn’t go overr all that well. It was still universal, just red instead of blue but it caused confusion so they went back to all universal graded books being the same color label…

3 Likes

I have a RED label ASM 300 graded at a 9.0. I purchased 18yrs ago. It definitely was never pressed and could benefit from one. Been debating on sending it in to get cracked, pressed, and regraded. However, wasn’t sure if the Red Label would bring more value.

It depends how much of a bump you get from the press for the final grade I would argue. If you could get it to a 9.6 that might be better than even a 9.0 as a red label. Maybe?

If anything I’ve seen the old labels go for less than new ones.

Value wise if there is a premium for the red label it isn’t by a whole lot. It’s more of a “look what I have” kind of thing. If the red labels become a thing in time I still don’t think they will go for significant premiums. At the end of the day it is just a label. If you think your ASM #300 could benefit from a press, even up to a 9.2 I would say go for it…but that’s just me.

Depends…it’s clearly a book that’s been in a slab for a while and likely has micro chamber paper that some feel should be changed out every 10 years. Depends on who you talk to.

But the right book and the right person will pay more as it could grade slightly higher…not sure pressing was a big thing back then too.

But it’s not like you’ll get a 9.8 blue label price for a 9.6 red label. But you probably could get a little bit more over the 9.6 blue.

1 Like

This is the reason Thor #134 is heating up. James Gunn talked about Chukwudi Iwuji blowing people away with his new Marvel role in GotG3.

1 Like

It was heating up last month when it was revealed that High Evolutionary was in the movie.

1 Like

Another great villain.

2 Likes

If you have a bunch of 70’s Eternals, particularly #3 (1st Sersi) AND you have been disappointed at the plummeting value of the issues since just prior to movie release, there is potential good news:

Gemma Chan has stated: "… Yes," she said when asked if she would reprise her Eternals role "

Her return may have already been obvious to many, but there it is.
I’ve withdrawn my graded copies as the value, today, is abysmal/atrocious to what it was at its high.

I know I’m in the minority but I thought Eternals was good.

2 Likes

I agree with you. I enjoyed it tremendously.

2 Likes

I just watched the movie again yesterday and it’s even worse than I remember. The only thing I found enjoyable were the end credits scenes. The acting, directing, and cinematography are all ok but whoever wrote that stinker of a script ruined Eternals in the MCU more so than Inhumans has been ruined.

2 Likes

The first 40 minutes we so hideously bad that the rest of the movie couldnt make up for it. Bottom 3 MCU movie for sure. I dont think the characters are ruined, but there will not be an Eternals 2. I expect to see a couple of them show up in other movies.

2 Likes

Inhumans can be salvaged if they want to put the effort in. Have a show on Disney + and not ABC. Throw more money at it.

Eternals…after quite a few clinical trials/ viewings, I have now, in fact, determined it is far superior to Melatonin, Green Tea, Ambien, and even weed at battling my insomnia.
It’s moved up on my Marvel list due to this, and this alone.

1 Like

The Eternals will do just fine if they get a director and writer that actually want to write a comic book movie. Just don’t have anyone involved who worked on the last Star War trilogy.