BRZRKR - Keanu Reeves as Writer

Unsure if anyone here has seen this news, but Keanu Reeves is writing for a new Boom! Comic called BRZRKR. Reminds me of The Crow meets Wolverine in a twisted way.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/books/2020/07/17/exclusive-keanu-reeves-debuts-comic-book-writer-brzrkr/5448723002/

3 Likes

I bet the character knows Kung Fu…Says “whoa” every time he throws a punch…or kicks…or shoots…or sneezes… or laughs… or cries…

2 Likes

And I bet he dresses in black all the time… Hahaha

2 Likes

LMAO… :rofl:

bzr

1 Like

Jack done lost his mind

2 Likes

I just finished reading it and thought it was VERY…okay. The art and violence was decent. Writing felt very amateurish.

Buy*

C’mon Jack, at least spell correctly with your “hot” investment advice!

1 Like

What a strange name or acronym to use for oneself… BOLO… Be On The Lookout… Sounds like a nickname one would use that’s a sex offender or something… Be On The Lookout for that fella… he’ll knock up your daughter when you look the other way! Geez…

2 Likes

2nd print

You could not pay me enough money to convince me that there are not enough BRZRKR 1 copies out there for anyone who wants one.

3 Likes

That’s why the 2nd print MIGHT have a better value

I’ll wait for the 5th/6th print…

1 Like

My LCS still had a stack of the 1st prints on Wednesday. I personally see zero spec in this book.

1 Like

Yeah, 6th printing seems very possible given Boom’s history with printings.

SiKtC hit a 6th ptg
Seven Secrets hit a 5th ptg
Once & Future hit an 8th ptg
We only find them when theyre Dead is on a 5th ptg

2 Likes

Theres a foil 2nd print as well on FOC this week

Every store I go in has piles of these books leftover.

Las Vegas Stores are Empty " Maximum Comics "

That was fast.

1 Like

Lol comic books are pretty much just Hollywood pitches at this point. I always hear people say “this story would be great as a movie or show” when so many of them are written to just be turned into an adaptation

3 Likes

“Writing for the trade” is now, more than ever, also “writing for the media pitch”.