Canto II Hollow Men

because I know no one will buy it and I also know that since this isn’t my fault i want everyone who did get an error copy of my book to make as much money on this as possible. I am not here to perserve the sanctity of comic books, im here to make money. I am preserving the print run, which shops normally wouldn’t do. Im replacing the error copies of my variant. i also have not been told by Diamond or IDW anything about ratio error variants.

But certainly hoping for the sucker right, jacking the prices up sky high? It’s okay, you can list however you want… I just think it’s wrong if those are your reasons. There’s no other reason to list something if you’re intent is not to sell it at such a price. :wink:

all i am not and wont list my retailer error covers. so as a retailer Im not supposed to make money? im listing ratio variants that vary stor that qualified for received. These ar 2 very different things.

Who said that? I didn’t say that. You’re assuming too much by putting words that were never said. :wink:

You also contradict what you said previously. You claimed:

But then start trying to claim:

After I pointed out the error books you still have listed at sky high prices.

That’s like the true definition of double standards right there.

I was only questioning why you would have the books listed. I’m not talking about your exclusives. Perhaps you can inquire if the ratio variants are being replaced a well. Sounds like they should be if they were affected as well. Perhaps you should call Diamond or IDW to find out. Then you can happily destroy them too.

I never said retailers can’t make money though. I’m just questioning why a retailer would list books at $400 due to an error, claim no one will buy them at that price… so why list them? What’s the goal? Jacking up the price isn’t going to make others more money. That’s just crazy talk and I can only assume that you’re only hoping someone buys these off you at your asking price.

Cheers.

2 Likes

so the market isn’t moved by the price of books? There are a ton of listings of both my covers and ratios. I have an obligation to my clients to replace books they purchased if they want. The ratios as of now are free game to list at whatever anyone wants.

So, you are trying to sell them for $400? Why such the cloak and dagger response initially then? :wink:

1 Like

The market is moved by the price of books but just throwing a randomly high price out there in hopes someone buys at such a price isn’t a true reflection of market demand.

Since you got these for wholesale by just buying the regular covers, why not start them at 99 cent auctions and see what “true market demand” ends up at with a price people are willing to spend on them instead of just throwing your own :money_mouth_face: price on it…

But then again, you said it, nobody is going to buy so again, why list them at such a price if you don’t expect people to buy at such a price? Sounds like you’re either wasting your own time and or still hoping someone buys at your own inflated market price… It’s one or the other…

1 Like

I want to see a video of it with the books being set on fire and kids playing in the smoke…

Little frustrated with this shop. Gotham Central Comics.

Nothing On their website about this. Still taking orders for the book on that website.

No email about the delay.

It took over two weeks to even post something to their Facebook page (below)…even though everyone knew about this error several days ago.

Hey @jcLu, isn’t this one of your shops?? Wtf, man? Talk to this guy.

Lol. Yup. That’s Carlos from Gotham Central. That is the biggest shop in my area. I was there on Wednesday. Jimmy Linguini picks up his books at Gotham too. I shop there only to buy flips these days, but I do know Carlos, the owner, on a first name basis, but there is nothing I can say that he will listen to.

Hey yo, where are people’s Momoko mystery box at?

@elreycomics,

Just passing along friendly information, another retailer I know inquired about the Canto II errors with Diamond and what is to be destroyed and not destroyed, they confirmed with Diamond that ALL issues and variants with the error are to be destroyed for replacement.

You might want to reach out to your own Diamond rep to find out, cause I do believe you selling them is probably violating something in their policies at this point.

Cheers.

1 Like

I would say that statement is not entirely correct. Diamond as of today has not informed retailers about the error or corrective measures. This is coming from IDW, not Diamond. Most retailers dont even know that their ratios are being replaced next week. Recalls dont come from Diamond, they come from the publisher.

We aren’t violating any Diamond policies. We are adhering to IDW. I would probably not give advice if you aren’t a retailer nor have first hand knowledge of the situation.

4th wave of boxes went out yesterday
we have a few left to fill

I cant speak for Carlos but what I can say is no one opened the variants or ratios for at least a week to catch the error. and it may surprise you that publishers, diamond etc aren’t exactly super fast to react let alone make a decision. It took 12 days from 8/26 date for IDW to acknowledge the error and take some action. Part of it was the Labor Day weekend, part of it was IDW figuring out a response and another part was it literally took over a week for anyone to notice the error. Retailers have to wait for all those things to make a public decree about the error. Factor all that in.

My source reached out to Diamond directly. Perhaps you should to. That’s all I’m saying.

Also, that doesn’t make sense. If Diamond has not informed retailers about the error or corrective measures, how is it known to destroy while replacements are on the way? Which is it? You contradict yourself. Perhaps you should just reach out to Diamond to find out what should be done.

Do you buy your books directly from IDW or Diamond?

Yeah, I was just venting. At least I know what’s going on. If I Didn’t hear anything within the next day I was going to Call my credit card…the communication is the most frustrating part of this error. As you can see from poyo’s posts above…different messages floating around…delays in making decisions…etc etc…

You obviously aren’t a retailer. Or have a Diamond account.

We are following what the publisher wants which tells Diamond what to do with their properties. Diamond is just the middle man.

Diamond nor idw have publicly made a statement of the error. They have contacted retailers that made covers And told Diamond to replace ratios.

Ratios and retailer exclusives are 2 very different things