Captain Marvel #8 7/17/19

In the midst of all the SDCC announcements, it’s easy to get lost. Next week’s Captain Marvel #8 is sold out on Midtown. All covers are gone. Looks like people are banking that this will be the first appearance/cameo of Star.

1 Like

My goodness that cover art though… :face_vomiting:

Is issue #9 a permanent artist replacement? Carmen Nunez Carnero is listed as the artist and Mark Brooks is doing the cover from what I’ve read… here’s to hoping Connor is off Captain Marvel duties…

Also, the solicitation for #9 still gives the possibility it could be bigger… and a glimpse that’s her on the cover, in the reflection. :slight_smile:

"A STAR RISES, ANOTHER FALLS!
Being Captain Marvel has been the greatest joy of Carol Danvers’ life. But a new hero is rising to the limelight - just as Carol’s own powers begin to fail her. With everyone now believing she’s a Kree traitor, Carol can’t help but wonder… does the world even need Captain Marvel?"

It’s also going to be one of the Carnage-ized Trade Dress Variants for A Cover with a One-Page Story added at the end so many of us ordered quite a bit extra just for that reason alone.

There’s CAPTAIN MARVEL #8 INHYUK LEE CARNAGE-IZED VAR which we also ordered heavy because of the carnage factor.

I need to amend this meme to add at the bottom… “Unless it’s Amanda Connor artwork!” :slight_smile:

I’m all over 9 and 10. Star is definitely on the cover of 10! I’ll for sure reserve an 8 now at my LCS, just to be safe!

So which issue is the one to grab? For captain marvel #8
A, B, or incentive?

Obviously the incentive…already selling for $40.

Thanks for the info. I live in the uk and incentives are harder to find for me for some reason.

Are you sure that would count as a cover appearance for #10? Whatever that mix is, is at least half Captain Marvel. Are we doing half credits now? I know fottball added 1/2 sacks so it might be a thing.

1 Like

I’m actually wondering which cover I should ask my lcs to hold…carnage-ized or regular…

I rarely ever go for themed, it that A cover is so bad…

You are allowed to double dip you know and if you go for A make sure to request which version of A you want if not making it both so you get a triple scoop of potential. :ice_cream:

Put in the request for 1 of each cover…we’ll see what happens.

1:25 variant just hit a $100 sale on eBay. Insane!

That seems a rather high price to pay for something not confirmed yet. Even if it doesn’t come down, how much more up room is left?

FOMO in Full Force … :yawning_face:

Heh… Yup. There’s a new sucker born every minute.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN198062

Not in the Diamond database as an orderable item yet but it wouldn’t surprise me.