Captain Marvel #8 7/17/19

You can get that Antman helmet on Amazon for $65 by Black Friday it will be $35.

I can’t get it to pull up searching Amazon. I don’t typically get store inventory from them but for the items similar in the past I usually find them at higher prices, even getting walked up quite a bit over MSRP as soon as Diamond runs out so when Diamond resolicits them I usually get a single one for the store. I like to have one of items like that on hand for the walk-ins who purchase what they’re looking at and don’t tend to go searching elsewhere. At times Amazon has had the similar Iron Man and Star Lord helmets at quite a bit over MSRP. After about a year Amazon had my Captain America shield about $60 higher than MSRP. They actually had me increase the price on that one right before it sold. I did back out of reordering it a second time though.

MAY190857 CAPTAIN MARVEL #8 INHYUK LEE CARNAGE-IZED VAR (B Cover as you call it) was order all you want and since it was really nice looking and cross promotion tied into the Carnage One Shot Storys and to the Carnage-ized variant theme of the month I actually order about double what I would have normally. MAY190855 CAPTAIN MARVEL #8 (A Cover as you call it) was open also and expected to be the one to get Carnage-ized Trade dress so I tripled my order for that one before FOC and another 333% additional ordered after FOC to make sure I had enough.

I did find some Ant-Man helmets at Amazon searching just that but none of the Marvel Legends Gear Series.

I buy to re-sell quite a bit of new AD&D material off Amazon or eBay … with Free Shipping, in most cases, it’s actually cheaper than Diamond or their subsidiary Alliance …

Pretty much the same with MTG … :vulcan_salute:

I have a few personnel grips with the way they treated employees and a couple bad shopping experiences so they’re more of a last choice as opposed to a 1st for me. They blow through elegible bodies rapidly and heartlessly it seems filling their revolving door of staffing and a good number of the items are just resellers like E-bay and Walmart listing through them.

BJ is Multiple Man. Thats my working theory.

I live in a comic book store and I’m single, one daughter about 3 and half pounds.

The PC is on the desk in the store with a 32 inch monitor for now until I go back to something in the 50" range. No matter what I’m doing, I’m never far from the desk and computer other than puppy walks. I bought a laptop for the other room so when I sleep I can see the screen to check for internet orders. If I see an order I pack and ship immediately usually. Post office is maybe 200 feet out the back door so a single book order can be placed at Midnight and it’s already in the Post Office drop box and me back in bed by 12:30AM. That might include scanning and reloading another copy online to sell if needed.

I like to treat your money and reading needs the way I’d love to have my own treated so I ship fast, legally and indestructibly. Now if I could just find a reason to order from myself so I could get as good as I give… :sweat_smile:

Noticing my Doom Patrol Omnibus was on the delayed items list from DC today also!!! There has to be some way Bendis is involved in the delay, I just know it…

1 Like

Which pretty well describes many, if not most, Large Companies …

I don’t think Marvel actually uses “Gear” in the description of that Legend Material … my in stock stuff just says “Legends Series” … unless I missed the “Gear” series …

JAN198625 MARVEL LEGENDS GEAR ANT-MAN HELMET

That’s the wording on the invoice.

I don’t know if the line item description off an invoice is indicative of what’s actually on the box … at least, on the goods I’ve got, no “Gear” is in there …

Marvel legends pulls up the Iron Man and Star Lord Versions. Nothing for Antman with or without Gear.

Mine’s coming. My reorder Confirmation came in from Diamond today “REMOTE EXTRA”.

E-bay’s showing them from the upper $70’s plus shipping to $395.

I know the Black Panther one got as low as $35 last year during Black Friday on Amazon the gauntlet got down to $49.99 on Amazon. I would imagine the Punisher War Machine helmet coming will be a part of Entertainment Earths huge Black Friday this year.

I’m waiting to buy the Stark Gauntlet because I believe Amazon will $49.99 Black Friday it this year.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legends-Panther-Electronic-Helmet/dp/B078XXPCTJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Black+panther+helmet&qid=1563400515&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-1
Panther $65 too right now.

They have a few cheap one’s under MSRP and the others range up to $250 it seems. I have no idea why it works when you search but not when I type it in.

If for some reason Diamond doesn’t sell out they’ll most likely make it onto a sale list there as well. They usually have their Winter Fest Blow outs in October in time for Black Friday stock.

Every two weeks Diamond has a clearance list for non printed items I shop heavily from also. That’s my two crack binges of the month!!! Full price stuff I only usually get 1 or 2 of at a time unless it’s a Diamond Exclusive.

Those Guardian’s of the Galaxy Funko Variants are on the invoice for next week delivery. The Pop figures apparently Diamond only got half their shipment so it’ll be sometime in the next 60 days before Nova ships and there’s still a chance for allocations which is why I doubled my order to make sure I’d still get at least 25% of what I ordered and with the comics shipping early it looks like I’ll get 100% of those no matter what.

Black Panther stuff doesn’t sell well at all here so I skipped that one. Billion’s in movie revenue translated into 1 subscriber. I’d bet most if not all the Pops are stillhere as well as most everything else BP themed. I’ve got a nice coffee mug and even those Metals Car with a figure.

Amazon will be re releasing the Cap Shield, Thor Mjolnir, and Ironman Helmet as Amazon exclusives this holiday season at the $99.99 price point if they stay in inventory they will be price knocked down too.

Yeah, the Ant-Man is $65 at Walmart as well …

That’s a big part of the headache of stocking. Almost every non comic item is offered first thru various mega discounters and big chains. Diamond has some lines that don’t go thru the big chains ahead of time and some exclusives but I turned down a chance to get the cheaper Captain America shield due to it’s size and complaints that it wasn’t metal. I don’t buy a ton of items but some of the big items, Walmart, Amazon and such are going to blow out and then in a year or 3 they’ll be out except for the resellers listing through them at an extra $50 to $100 over MSRP and then I’ll have someone here see it for the 1st time that never saw it anywhere else when it was in the discounters hands getting dumped. I think of them as delayed investments meant to mature in a year or two. In the meantime they add a WOW factor to visual shoppers seeing things they may have only seen online. I just make sure to stack plenty of stuff on top so they don’t get to play with/shake and make an easy choice putting wear on my box just to go buy elsewhere. :roll_eyes:

It also helps my old fashioned walls tend to block most cell signals.

When I first started getting non comic items I just made a conscious choice to buy low quantities and know that I’m never going to be the cheapest on any full price purchase item. I shouldn’t have to be either. I just have to be willing to wait some or for the people who will never see it elsewhere.

I’ve got a new Legends customer ordering cases just because he’s older, busy and tired of running to 4 Walmarts trying to put a complete set together just to save a couple bucks a figure. It’s not enough savings to justify the time and gas expense.

Let me win please

Between this post and your post on the silver surfer black give away, you seem to be lost, BigBelly…

1st prize in this message thread is a combination of entertainment and education. There’s a good mix of both usually so most can find something from one or both prize themes just from the reading. The more of the above posts you read the greater your odds of winning!!!

Feel free to contribute some and add the prize bounty for others!! :rowing_man:

CM #8 - both covers - are now consistently selling over $20 again & a lot of Covers A & B are getting $40 plus shipping. I think I’m still going to hold mine for now, but am going to keep monitoring.