Captain Marvel #8 7/17/19

The Carnage-ized Trade Dress has the star in the center with the Carnage goo instead of on the ends like the other books. 3 copies, 2 without, 1 with arrived. Haven’t seen the Carnage Variants in the stack yet.

god damn, why are they stretching it for

Do you mean the Carnage-ized Trade Dress thing? Captain Marvel #8 is one of the 10 comics getting the One Page stories leading into the Absolute Carnage event. It’s been expected that they would Carnage-ize the Trade dresss for the A Cover since the beginning which is why I ordered two extra copies to have better odds of getting at least 1 copy with the Carnage-ized trade dress which is all I got this time. Invaders 7 should be done this way today also today which I haven’t worked my way to in the pile. Avengers 22 should be the last of the 10. Here’s what it looks like with the Carnage-ized Trade Dress.

1 Like

Teen Titans solicitation definitely led us to believe the mommy would be named. I pre-ordered both covers thinking it would be a key book. Hopefully my LCS will get shorted again lol. Glad it was a good read.

Thanks BJ. I will take any Captain Marvel 8’s though. Of the pages released so far I haven’t seen anything significant.

O, the TT thing, I jumped 6 extra copies just in case yesterday myself. That ships going to come in. I like that they’re taking time to build her story slowly but steadily. There’s a few advancements to the story line in this one non spec worthy but I don’t want to spoil them yet. Enjoy the read and anything with a decent Lobo fight shouldn’t be too hard to find a home for.

Remember when they let Goldberg go undefeated for like 6 million matches just to get us foaming at the mouth for the match with Hogan then just when we were convinced we’d not get to see it they gave it away for free on Monday Nitro before the pay per view. :men_wrestling:

1 Like

AEW>WWE. WWE is the same moves and matches over and over again, when you watch AEW you have no clue what’s going to happen. WWE will have to bring Goldberg out of retirement 3 dozen times to keep viewers from jumping when AEW premieres on TNT.

Goldberg vs Hogan was the 90’s New World Order. Hollywood Hogan. WCW for you youngsters out there where the chickens ran the roost and made a lot of bad financial decisions.

Don’t worry about it. Stick to ur principles and be true to ur word, that’s all anyone can ask. I will find some cheap copy’s somewhere while I’m at the convention. It’s for holding and flipping later anyways.

I did find the Invaders #7 Carnage-ized Trade Dress and get it scanned. Half the copies on that one, 8 of each.

Just remembered why I ended up with 16 copies. They doubled Invaders 7 for free after I’d doubled it trying to make sure I got enough Carnage-ized Trade Dress variants mixed in. :thinking:

1 Like

As soon as I compliment them they mess up again. Just finished the Diamond order.
Only 1 comic damaged
Only 1 item missing but it’s the Marvel Legends Gear Ant-Man Helmet $99.99

Hey guys - new to the forum but not this site!

My LCS had likely 20 copies of Captain Marvel 8 this morning. I was able to snag 4, 2 of each cover. I noticed that every single copy had a bit of spine damage. Not anything crazy, but noticeable. This one could end up being one that is tough to find in NM.

I also noticed that the B cover didn’t seem to be 50/50. There were 4 of them in the roughly 20 issues they had. I’m going to hit another store at lunch today, it will be interesting to see if the distribution is any different (as well as the condition).

I love the site!

To my knowledge cover A and B were not 50/50 but separate order entries through Diamond. So it’s possible your local shop ordered X amount of A and Z amount for B.

Maybe a diamond account holder can chime in with a brief explanation if there were any other limits to ordering the B cover, so yeah BJ, we don’t need 4 x 100+ word paragraphs explaining this… :wink:

I have to say, I don’t know how he does it … I try to steal a few minutes a week to enjoy the Site and Post … perhaps at some point, he will reveal his Secret … maybe he never sleeps … :vulcan_salute:

Maybe he needs more customers to distract him? :stuck_out_tongue:

The 2nd shop I went to only had 2 copies of CM 8 when they opened. They were both 8 covers and I got one of them. It also has the spine dings.

BJ is Multiple Man. Thats my working theory.

The Carnage Secret/Bloody Variant on Cover A,

should be 50/50 with the non Secret/Bloody cover A.

The A and B were separate open orders.

Yeah, the secret variant is likely 50/50. I was only referring to the Cover B Lee that is not 50/50 with Cover A.

1 Like

Doomsday Clock 11 just got pushed back again into September!!!