CBCS Pickups

It’s true I got that book $500 below market + no tax

1 Like

And that’s not counting for the possibility of a grade bump if you sent into CGC…/

1 Like

Weirdly, I’d rather have an accurate grade.

1 Like

I don’t get why this issue is hot in the first place, Damian as an alternate batman in some alternate future meh.

Finally got ahold of this book. I’m absolutely fine with a 9.4 on this one & I got a very, very fair deal on it.
Always wanted a copy.

5 Likes

Nice. Can I ask what you paid? Prices be crazy.

1 Like

@davidbitterbaum $500 shipped which I thought was a good deal. While there have been a few auctions in the past that ended slightly below that, they are typically much higher $500 and I was fond of the case and the actual presentation of the book. I can’t find any flaws on it.

Bought from an instagram live sale/seller that I trust 100%.

I know some folks are of the “Why buy that book…it’s bad spec and won’t ever pan out?”, but I actually want it in my collection simply because it is cool comic book/character/story and (at least for me) is absolutely impossible to find. I’ve never seen one for sale in person-at a show, shop, etc. I personally feel it is a great book regardless of anything happening in the future with the character or not. Sort of a picture perfect example of a book from a time in which folks just weren’t collecting as much and comic books were in a bit of a flux. Just my opinion of course.

2 Likes

The book probably is a 9.6/9.8 on another day.

I’ve seen more than my fair share of submission, crack, re-submission, crack again, re-submit to eventually get the grade one wants to get or thinks the grade should be.
I’ve also seen more than my fair share of “out in left field” grades and it is not this mythological 0.1% of the total.

Nice pickup btw… very very nice

1 Like

I think you got a stellar deal at $500 and anyone who thinks it is bad spec should hush. It is a great story and could very well turn into big spec someday anyways.

2 Likes

I mean it’s sales speak for itself. It’s not due to an appearance in other media either.

1 Like

Pretty interesting news

“Steve Borock Joins MyComicShop as Senior Consignment Director”

https://www.mycomicshop.com/news

3 Likes

Thats…just…great… now all of the VF prices will be NM prices

2 Likes

Who will do “Customer Services” with CBCS now that the President and seemingly ONLY one that OCCASIONALLY responded to a customer service issue will be gone.

3 Likes

Grading Inflation :rofl:

1 Like

Interns? Not even kidding…

1 Like

That is very disappointing news. He has had the courtesy to respond to me directly about CBCS customer service issues when I left a note on the CBCS Boards. I wonder what the future is for the company without its shining light?

I have 20 books with them at the moment, so maybe his last hurrah will be to grade my books : )

1 Like

I saw this and found it very interesting. Hopefully he can up the customer service level of Mycomicshop. (even though I ave had no problems with them)

Another bad sign for CBCS. Obviously Borock wasn’t happy with something there.

Edit to add speculation: let’s see how long it takes CBCS to start offering fancy labels like CGC.

2 Likes

Have brought a few slabbed books from MCS and they have always been brilliant - decent pricing, good packaging, reasonable delivery times and nothing at all to moan about…

Come to think of it, I now understand why SB might fancy a break from CBCS :rofl:

Well as senior consignment director I doubt he will be doing customer service.

Having Mr Borock on their team as premier comic grading expert will give them a big edge. He literally has graded all the most valuable comic books in his career. No one can say he doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Also maybe MCS a economic slowdown coming and ready to buy and cosign some potential big collections and now have a great addition to the team :thinking:

HA gonna have some competition.

We shall see