CBCS Pickups

I don’t understand how you found a grading company, become the number two comic grading company and then go and work for a comic book shop? It’s baffling because you’re going from being your own boss to others bossing you around. I wonder what’s going on behind the scenes because this is a move backwards IMO.

2 Likes

I’d imagine the pay bump was enough to make it a move forwards… :moneybag: talks…

1 Like

I have a feeling he’s going to guide MCS into the comic grading business.

You can’t get a foot into the door without someone from the big two heavily involved. Reputation is everything.

3 Likes

first time using express option with cbcs and the tat was honored! actually completed ahead of schedule. very surprised, honestly, and very happy w results (aside from point one #1).

3 Likes

Random 2am purchase, popped up for half the going rate.

8 Likes

Of course you got it for less… Gorr spec is tanking

Going rate for CGC, maybe.

But at least you know it’s a 9.8…as for if it was CGC could be anything…even the wrong book!

2 Likes

If Gorr is done well in the movie spec could bump up. I wonder…

I’ll still make $200 profit off of the book as I already have one. The book is still selling above $400 and the character was just written up in Time magazine a couple days ago. I get it some people really love those rabbit ear tentacles and without them they feel the book is worthless but I really dont care for the hentai spec😜

3 Likes

Gratz @Alana Glad you were the one to grab that!!!

I took an easy $400 sale for one of my 9.8s when the trailer dropped. Purposely priced it lower than anyone else at the time. I have another 9.8 and two 9.6 ready to go as well. I’ll wait a bit longer on those. I’m happy with any amount, as I paid no more than cover for any of the copies I have along with the amount put into grading. I still have three ungraded copies as well as another 9.8 candidate signed my Ribic. One of the spec plays I did pretty well on.

1 Like

Sweet Christmas!!!

14 Likes

Luke Cage! Very cool.

6 Likes

Nice pick up! Marvel horror isn’t going anywhere. Probably a CGC 9.95

3 Likes

Thanks, a book I always pickup when the price’s right.

Marvel needs to do more horror again. The current, “Ghost Rider,” comic is awesome and scary.

4 Likes

Finally got back a 24 book order after 11 months…

Here’s a couple autographs - Met the Biz at a Con, had that book since my early collecting days.

The Alex Ross was an 2019 SDCC exclusive I couldnt pass on. Great Homage.

7 Likes

Awesome Alex ross book. He doesn’t do many signings, not alot of graded books with his signature on it either.

1 Like

Unfortunately I wasnt at SDCC but I bought a copy off his site. I normally dont go for this kind of book but I thought it was cool to have in my PC.

I pick this and the 1:10 variant up whenever I can.

7 Likes