CGC calling FCBD first full Virus

I’ve been grabbing my them every time i visit my LCS. They have a stack behind the counter, but it’s limit 1 per transaction. So I’ve been asking for one each time.

Also stopped a few places while on vaca and grabbed a few. They’re out there. Most shops seem to be limiting one per.

I’ve been throwing one on every midtown order since they became available

1 Like

I’d think that the Venom #25 2nd print will ultimately win out. It’s definitely the cooler cover and has both firsts on it. It just seemed too obvious at the time and highly likely to be over-ordered. Then again, I thought the same thing about Venom #3 3rd and Thanos #13 3rd and those are doing pretty well!

Same. Everytime I order from them I’ve put 1 in

BTW, happened upon a shop today that was still only doing curbside…asked them if they had any Thor’s or Venoms inside. Said they had cover A if Venom 25 and Thor 4.

Took Venom for $5.99 cover price.

Needs a press to get some cover roll under control, but otherwise minty!

They had no new DCs as they were struggling to get set up with UCS. That’s the second shop I’ve heard having that problem I’ve encountered.

Have you got one in decent shape yet? I’ve been doing that as well and have gotten around 5 copies and each one is a mess. One even had half the cover folded over.

I wouldn’t know yet it’s midtown that’s like 6 weeks behind shipping on my main account on my second account the shipping is up to date for some odd reason.

Probably 8 out of 10 times the market picks the first full over the cameo when a character has both. Yes cameo is first app, but the market typically picks first full (second app) as the more valuable book. That’s where this designation is important. Some classic cases ASM 300, ASM 361, Hulk 180, Xmen 266 or if you want to look even in this Venom run with issues 3 and 9. The full (second app) is the more sought after book.

And additionally if CGC saying FCBD is first full appearance because it was intended to come out before Venom 26, which appears is their logic, they would also be saying it predates Venom 25 as Venom 25 was June and wasn’t FCBD supposed to be Early May? So by their logic saying FCBD was supposed to come out in May, it would predate both Venom 25 and 26.

That’s why I don’t like their logic at all. It should be release date and that’s it. I don’t care about your intentions, when was the book available to the public. And yes they botched the 26 label calling it first distributed app as 25 was distributed first.

Now all this being said, I still think in this specific instance, Venom 25 2nd is going to be the best book due to the cover and the combination with Codex.

They’ve been better with me lately. I got my legends 1:25 yesterday which is fast for them.

But all my FCBD books from them (ive been adding a few) are almost all a mess.

1 Like

Venom #25 was supposed to come out in April, before Free Comic Book Day

2 Likes

same

One of my LCS’ had such probleme with UCS that they dropped them and went to a national Canadian distributor, who still deals in both Marvel and DC, to suppy him with his DC books. I suppose though, that Universal Distribution in Canada must be dealing with UCS. Regardless, I’ve heard many nightmare stories from my LCS’ about UCS’ shit service.

I understand there would be some growing pains for them attempting to become a distributor but they’re really dropping the ball at this point on both fronts. They’re dropping it with distribution and there for a while they were dropping it as a retailer, simply getting product out the door. Nobody should order a handful of comics only for it to take 30 days to arrive and half of that time was the comics sitting doing nothing according to their own notifications of the time between “processed complete” and “tracking”…

Which one is UCS again? Midtown or DCBS?

@monopolyjackson thank you for that clarification on 25. I didn’t think of that.

1 Like

UCS is Midtown. DCBS is Lunar.

1 Like

holy shit how did i miss this one Comp LOL

is Virus a FULL appearance, aka is he named and on multiple panels in 25? I think Hell Arisen 3 is the BARE MINIMUM bar for “first full appearance”. Is Virus a cameo on like one panel or multiple? First full by market standards is always the book to get even if it isnt first cover.

Well first full would be Venom #26

Sometimes I wonder if the writers/artists purposely do this to keep everyone guessing; buy more issues; more variants; more 2nd/3rd/4th prints.

They dont do it on purpose in the sense of messing with collectors. They likely do it as cliffhangers in the story to get readers attention to want to see what happens next…

Just like the finale in a television show season… Leave you hanging so you want to watch the next season.

1 Like