CGC pickups

Been eyeing this book for a while…finally a NM with white pages showed up for a reasonable price…although I have to say CGC graders definitely used a sliding scale on this on…

Always been a green goblin fan and this is a key issue with a cool cover on the Gobby mythos…

3 Likes

Love silver and bronze books with a yellow background! Nice score!

My newest

3 Likes

Nice! That green lantern is still on my radar!

A few of my recent graded purchases. Incredible Hulk 92 is a Newsstand as well.

2 Likes

I’ve never submitted to CGC but would like to send my magazine sized books to them, how do I go about doing that. My 1st Vampi is amazing I’ve never took it out the bag but looks flawless high grade also would like to send a high grade Cracked magazine #1, and first manthing, Rocky Raccoon, and Starlord off what would you think that would all cost?

I haven’t sent any of my magazines to CGC…yet, but plan to. I have a first Manthing and Captain Britain as well as some rare video game mags I would like to get graded at some point. Their submissions are pretty straight forward, just have to go step by step. I would double check both mags front and back to see if there are any non color breaking flaws that could be pressed out and go from there. Both are pretty cool keys and even a half bump in grade would be worth the price of a press. Another lousy side affect of this pandemic are no conventions. I like to find local shows that have CGC accepting books so I don’t have to submit through the mail, but that won’t be a thing again for a while :expressionless: Take some photos of the mags if you have time…Would be awesome to see them!

1 Like

If you want to send your mags into CGC, you simply need to enter your submission via the CGC website;
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cgccomics.com/grading-process/&ved=2ahUKEwiS297hyZvpAhUKg3IEHflKDOQQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0Mp8WfoNblGYfkkNwGw5hQ
Once you have selected ‘submission forms’, then go to the ‘comics/magazine’ link. Follow the directions from there as they are fairly straightforward.

1 Like

The only books I’ve submitted were two I bought off eBay which had debris in the holders. Contacted them and they re-holdered them completely free including all shipping. N order to submit directly you have to have a paid membership. The membership is applied to grading fees. Although if it hasn’t expired free memberships were able to submit directly to them. They have an online form you fill out when submitting. Or you can go to an authorized submitter which most comic shops offer.

Don’t you need a paid membership first if sending them on your own? Or did they waive that because Covid-19 closed/cancelled everything?

What I’ve done in the past is paid for the $150 year membership as you get $150 in credit towards submissions (plus the discounted rates). Which seems like a lot but it adds up fast.

I’m not sure if you need a membership. I am a member, and with my first submission I just decided to go the $150 route as it is all credited and you receive further discounts, as you mentioned. I did PM Alana to let her know about the $150 membership fee/credit.

CGC is currently allowing those with the, “Free,” membership to mail in their comics due to COVID-19 making dropping things off at conventions impossible (and probably cutting into CGC’s profits enough they wanted to make things a bit easier for those who normally only do it that way).

I always recommend the $150 option to people because it gives you $150 credit. It literally pays for itself!

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Doesn’t look like a 3.5 in the holder looks fine, fine+

How would Tony Stark be alive after Endgame the only answers are Mephisto or time travel.

1 Like

Just bought this I’ll resubmit it for 9.8 nothing wrong with it no matter how many resubmits it takes
Could of got a 9.8 but almost double in price and that one looked like a 9.6 9.4.

A flashback or Tony from another earth.

2 Likes

Recent addition and working on the set all graded.