CGC pickups

Meh, seems like $5 wasted that brings no extra value to the book.

Ive been hemming and hawing over these labels. I was leaning away from them, and I think I may fall that way after hearing @D-Rog synopsis. I like uniformity. These labels will wreck my CGC uniformity.

Sweet books! That Iron Man 282 is just awesome!

Thanks. Always liked the IM282 cover, and took a chance on eBay a few years ago…paid $40 I think. It showed up angled in a square box with only the backing board keeping it from folding over…shucked that it only had slight impressions within the cover and definitely saw the 9.8 potential.

As for AVen682 secret variant cover, I found it in a dollar bin with a stack of 9 regular covers. Only had a slight bend in the upper right corner, easily pressed out. So for $10 plus I got this and sold 8 copies of the regular covers for $10-$14 ea.

Aven694 I paid cover, hand picked off the shelf because I liked the cover…no clue it was a spec worthy book.

Yes, $5 extra plus it’s a separate grading tier, so they are shipped back separately and I think adds an additional $5 handling fee.

I wanted the special label for Av684, but it didn’t need a press. But I needed to press Av682 and IM282…so although combining them cost me an extra $20 in pressing and fancy labels, it was a wash given extra shipping and handling fees I would have incurred to break them up.

No regrets. Just wouldn’t do special labels again.

I’ve got a number of books sent to CGC since my opening my own account. Waiting for grades and such. Mostly Moon Knight-related comics I actually submitted before the big announcement of him getting a show simply because I wanted to get them graded!

Also, some saucy covers for cheesecake-focused series I picked-up for a good price and know I can turn a decent profit on selling to fans of the more suggestive/outright raunchy comic-book covers. Gotta love how sex always sells.

1 Like

Just got an email that they are doing the Avengets labels but this time it will be Spiderman on the front and NYC on the back. I might send some of my Spidey books just to get that piece on them.

Just make sure the cgc hologram isn’t going to cover up any part of spidey.

Ok, I finally got my last book back from CGC.

I had it at a 2.5 to 3.5. I’ve been pretty close with my grades. Maybe I should try to get a job at CGC.:grinning::grinning:

Do it so you can get us all discounts and great grades…

Nice book by the way… that is one my “to buy” list…

Nice book! I still have to send mine in but it will get a restore grade. Bought it way back when, long before CGC, when having a little color touch up on the cover wasn’t as much of a big deal as it is today. I think I will send it to CBCS. It will still come back as restored but at least they won’t give it a dreaded purple label.

Is it worth getting the restoration removed? Don’t cgc and cbcs offer that? Small amount may even not be a grade hit.

I could always look into that, but since it was black marker the ink has bled though. Not sure how CGC could remove that without removing pieces from the comic or using chemicals that would also show as restoration. The book looks like it was a solid VF before the person did their “improving” It is just a half inch corner crease and a few stress marks on the spine that were colored over. Positive it would label as light amateur restoration. In the late 80’s early 90’s before restoration became a big thing it wasn’t all that uncommon to come across an older book with color touch up. Most dealers I ran into would lower it one grade, maybe one grade and a half or so price wise. Still looks nice and I got it way back when so I wouldn’t be losing anything on it if I ever decided to sell.

Believe it or not I actually sold it before and immediately regretted it. Lucky for me the buyer was an idiot and returned it because it was not in great shape. I guess he couldn’t tell what shape it was in with all the photos.

That’s happened to me before…I sold a Young Avengers 1…was a NM- at worst…sold it and immediately wanted it back…buyer was extra picky and tried to tell me it as vf at best…so I said “send it back!” And he did.

Sold it a few months later for double what I first sold it for…didn’t regret it that time!

Just got this one in last week.

2 Likes

My most recent CGC books. Excellent prices on all.

2 Likes

She Hulk #1 has been on most people’s bronze radar for years. Sales for it would never be at a crawl. I have a feeling when the show comes out this book could move from mid range bronze key to a bit higher up the ladder!

1 Like

Do it, you’re opinion is just as valid as any others opinion… :stuck_out_tongue:

As a Christmas Gift to myself before my upcoming surgery in a couple of weeks I decided get this. Been on my radar for years but there was always two or three other books that would get in the way of buying it. I always thought I would get a solid mid-grade (6 to 7) but the prices have just been spiking like crazy the past two years. I really didn’t want to drop close to a grand for a 6.0. Even though a bit lower in condition than I originally wanted I am still extremely happy with it (it displays nicer than a 4.0) and glad to finally cross off another bucket list key!

3 Likes