CGC pickups

This is what happens when you order too many comics. I just found this in an unopened package from Mycomicshop. It’s from an auction I won a couple months ago. I got it for less than $25.

1 Like

I have had a couple of those days! It’s kinda like an extra birthday, day!

I don’t pickup CGC slabs that often but here’s my latest pickup.

I’ve been keeping my eye on Moon Knight books so I think now is the time to pull the trigger on them. Don’t want prices to creep up if he gets his own show or movie.

5 Likes

Niiiice purchase! Congrats! I picked up an un-graded copy two weeks ago. I think it has a very good chance at a 9.8 if I send it in. No way it is lower than a 9.6. Can’t see any defects but will probably get it pressed just in case. I do agree with you, now is a good time to buy #1.

1 Like

I almost pulled the trigger on a nice looking copy that was raw but I was like, what the heck, might as well just spend a bit more and get it slabbed with a grade already on it instead of chancing it.

I now have been keeping my eyes on Marvel Spotlight #28 and Werewolf By Night #32 (but a 9.8 is too rich for my blood right now, I’d be happy with a nice 5.5 to 7.5 if the price is right).

I bit the bullet recently and got both Hulk 181 in 6.5 and Giant Size X-Men 1 in 7.5. I spent an obscene amount of money I had saved and feel sick about it, but I didn’t want the prices to get anymore out of reach. I probably could’ve gotten higher grades for the same price if I had done it two years ago, but c’est la vie. Didn’t overpay, at least.

I am at least confident they won’t ever go DOWN in value, so it’s a solid investment. The creators are all dead, so unless Hugh Jackman is revealed to be a pedophile or something, they’ll always be keys.

1 Like

I’m thinking about a Werewolf by Night #32…Probably a low grade…one of those “At least I have one for the pc” copies.

Congrats!!!..The Giant size is awesome but that Hulk 181 is one of the most sought after comics in the world and that won’t change! Nice grade too (on both)! Four or five years from now when those two are literally double what you paid now you won’t feel sick at all!

1 Like

I just finished up my Moon Knight keys Werewolf by night, Marvel Spotlight, Moon Knight 1, 25, 29, 188.

Appreciate the kind words! Really needed them now more than you can know.

1 Like

Gotta give credit where credit is due! Those books are sweet! The type of books that if for some reason you had to sell them, you could…fast and for a profit. Can’t beat that!

I’ve gotten into trouble with the wife before for spending more than I told her I would…significantly more sometimes…I’ve also gotten myself into trouble during down or bad times for making higher dollar impulse purchases to “cheer myself up”. Never to the point that it would mess us up or anything, but still… The eye roles from my wife are long over and my pc actually looks pretty good. Now, if only her long term memory wasn’t so darn good!

2 Likes

I just got these 2 back from when I submitted some comics way back in April, I had these 2 pressed. It really does take a long time for pressing, the others I received in just about a month.

I’m still waiting on my Marvel Spotlight #5, I’m not sure why that one is taking so long. I was sure that the Hulk was going to get a 9.8 with a press, but I guess not.

1 Like

Nice books! I have no problem with 9.6’s at all!

9.6s are only a problem if you’re looking to sell. 9.6s are great bargains, in my mind.

I have 3 books from cgc supposed to arrive Tuesday. I’ll post when I get them.

1 Like

My wife gave me this package when I got home from work today and it’s my SDCC TMNT #95 from CGC. Not to happy with the grade but it’s for the PC. At least for now lol. It does have 3 small damages. A small color rub off and 2 small crackles on the spine. Could of been a 9.4 or 9.6.

2 Likes

Very cool book to own, @Gbess. That seems like very tough grading on the book, but still a great book for your PC.

fed ex quoted me a pick up time between 10:55am and 3:55pm. Wife sat around all day…then we had an event at the school at 5pm.

I get a txt at 5:05pm informing me of a failed delivery attempt.

Signature required for delivery, of course.

Books arrived today.

Obviously more than happy with the grades, but I will point out these special hero/team labels are not something I will opt for in the future. Mainly because key information about the book gets pushed to the back label, but worse about 1/3 of the label art is covered by the cgc holographic sticker!

4 Likes

Do the special labels cost extra?

$5 extra, I think, @agentpoyo.