CGC pickups

Yeah, last page named cameo. It’s second print so, there’s always debate on that.

1 Like

I have 13 books coming. I know the grades and am very happy to get them although not deserved in a few situations.
All that said I have a knot in my stomach for what issue(s) I will have when I open the box. Cracks, mis-labels, debris, spots, scratches, crushes, damage to the comic within the slab, you name it. It’s like 50/50 these days you get a shipment without issue.
And yet I keep going back to the horror show because I know the ridiculous amounts of $$$ folks put the premium on.

That must have been really frustrating… I didn’t notice any spots but I will check em again tomorrow.

Both times for my SIKTC LCSD books all the marks are the back. Front of the slab no issues.

For my ASM365 it’s mostly the front…but the back is white so not as easily visible if there are scars. I posted a new thread as to not be smites by @agentpoyo for derailing this one. Share any issues you have with CGC slabbing there.

1 Like

Thank you! I really love working on comics. And yeah, glad you noticed that the BP8 is a newsstand. CGC doesn’t note it, and I bet most were thinking “why slab an 8.0?” :joy:

1 Like

It might be a good time to send in a prescreen if you were thinking about it. CGC is randomly grabbing submissions and testing new processes out to increase efficiency. I got lucky and had mine picked out of the pile.

Ignore the fact that I was an idiot and sent in 32 books so it got split up awkwardly. I sent this from Arizona on the 28th, they received, inputted into their system and graded the books on the same day. This was not a fast track. They’ve already been shipped back and this will be a 2 week max turnaround including shipping back and forth.

2 Likes

Got lucky with the CGC process myself and these came back after only being submitted a month ago.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Man I still have books there from April, what the crap…

1 Like

I’ve never submitted to cgc personally. I always buy my books graded. But I do have the usual stack I would like to submit. What is the best way to go about it for a new customer? I only have one book that isn’t a modern book (silver surfer 4).

Me too. I have 3 “magazine” category books (Last Ronin 1 and 2 and the Star Wars ESB large size movie adaptation) that have been there since April as well. I also have stacks that I sent in sometime in May, June, and September still there.

Me too….but only because I’ve had to send them back for bad slabs…twice…

I’m done with CGC because their slabs are scratched or have Newton Rings…and I can’t stand it.

But if you must, it’s best just to buy a year membership for $150 because you get access to your graders notes (crazy you have you pay for them w/o a membership…a whole’nuther thing) and you get $150 in credit towards gradin and reholders. Submissions add up fast, shouldn’t take much to spend $150.

1 Like

I had my books pressed and cleaned and had the presser send them into cgc. It was pretty pricy but I don’t really send books a lot so I didn’t see a point in signing up for a membership

For those that have had books waiting at CGC for months, what is the official submission status for those? Are they just forever stuck in “received/in process”?

Mine are “scheduled for grading” for 3 months now.

I’ve debated on just using a presser and having them submit for me. That may be the better way to go

My presser sent them in and they were delivered the 28 and like 3 days later were “scheduled” for grading, and thats where i’m currently at

This completes my matching set of first and second prints. Not a lot of these on the CGC Census. 9 9.8’s and 3 9.6’s.

2 Likes

I was on a very nice, routine roll of submissions via the outside presser I was comfortable with. I was sending off batches of 25 books about every other month.

The problem is my presser became pretty popular which created its own massive backlog/log jam so I’ve stopped by submissions for now. Last I saw the presser is at about 4 months behind whereas it used to be a 6 week wait at the max.

I’m not a big fan of having books just sitting at any one location for too long, and I’m also 100% avoiding all shipping this year from now until Mid Jan. It’s a recipe for disaster imo.

I have some really, really nice big books in amazing condition that I need to have done in the next year though or I’ll miss the window.

My trip to Hawaii is paid in full via the past submissions though…ultimately that was the goal so everything else now will be a kitchen remodel and new deck lol.

7 Likes