CGC pickups

Got the shipment from CGC yesterday from submission I mailed on 10/28. 9 business day turnaround time including shipping time. Let’s hope this new process can be implemented on a larger scale soon. One book came back with a cracked case, but all others were slabbed correctly with no scratches or scuffs that I could find.

32 for 32 on prescreen with 2 9.6s. I would caution to not react to that in a negative way, this submission may have been the best batch of books I’ve ever sent and I would have truly been shocked with more than a couple of rejects. They’re all modern books, so pretty easy 9.8s.

If you’re primarily grading modern books, I CANNOT recommend Kaptain Myke’s pressing guide enough. I followed his guide up and down, bought the supplies he recommended and made adjustments based on my press. It’s actually pretty easy on a modern book and worth every penny and minute you spend learning the trade. Pressing these newer books with thin wavy covers is preventing me from getting 9.8 rejections on otherwise perfect books.

One thing to note: The Sam Wilson #5 is missing the digital code. I sent it in due to condition, as I understood that it would still get a blue label but have a note that the digital code was removed, but there is no note on this book. I couldn’t care less about a digital code and can’t imagine anyone else caring, but if you’re a stickler for a “complete” book, it may be impossible to tell if a blue label is missing the code.

Here are some highlights.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I’d love for an admin to go in and look at my flagged content above and tell me why in the world it’s been removed. Looks like I’ve got a fan or two following my posts and flagging every one of them. Cool community you have here.

Congrats on your submission some very nice books! :+1:

Curious did you pay for Fast Track to get your books so fast back?

This was not fast track. When it went through the same day it arrived, I had to call to make sure I was seeing correct information. She told me that they are implementing new processes to speed things up and grabbing submissions at random to test them out.

It seems that the submissions are being grabbed at random when they arrive at the facility because this one was logged in right away when I’ve been waiting a month or more to have them logged in after arrival with other submissions.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Hopefully this beta testing of new system works out for them and can get people back there books within a reasonable time.

PS Did you attached some cash on shipping label to get yours picked you? :rofl:

No, but I use boxes that are tall and put geminis in so they are upright and not laying on top of eachother while they sit in the package, mimickly how they would be in a shortbox. Maybe the size caused them to grab it? I know some people just stack them in a flat box and those tend to take up less space?

That’s all I got. It was most likely just pure randomness and good luck. I’ll take it.

Next time PM a moderator or admin to discuss. But since you want to talk about it publicly, the system is flagging your posts because you’ve been warned so many times on the forums while receiving a silence and suspension as well, that it’s marking these as flagged due to posting URL links (it thinks you’re a spammer) in your posts.

Regards.

1 Like

I think the community for the most part is awesome. Definitely a few people that rub each other the wrong way but nothing too out there.

1 Like

I flagged one of your posts yesterday, first time to flag a post. You have a lot of great posts with solid research and thought put into them, the community benefits from those posts. The flag was not personal, I would have flagged it if any other member had made the same post.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Had these signed and dropped them off for grading at NYCC. Total Bizarro Superman they are back already. A little surprised with the 9.4 but very happy with the pickups.

My family walked around with me to get these signed and it’s wonderful my boys will have stories of meeting the artists/authors to accompany some of the books in their collection. Everyone (Cates, Stegman, Tynion, Ramos, Lee) was beyond cool with my kids and it’s something they’ll never forget (me either!).

We had the SIKTC books graded through another group and when they come in I’ll be sure to post them!

5 Likes

Just got back a bunch I sent for a pre-screen in May. Got 22 out of 25 10 Strange Academy #1 various covers
1 Strange Academy #2 B cover 7 New Agents of Atlas #1 1 New Agents of Atlas #2 1 High Republic Adventures #1 1 High Republic #1 1 High Republic # 1 Hans cover

Great early present !!!

1 Like

Finally sent in my first CGC order. 7 books. Not necessarily my most valuable, but 7 I thought had the best shot at 9.8s.

Mailed to CGC 10/19
Received back 11/15

Whole process took 4 weeks. All 7 hit 9.8, so that’s nice.

Two have minor Newton rings, but really minor. Two also have super minor inner scuffs. Not issues I’d complain about at all.

13 Likes

Nice books!

Just curious it was a regular submission no fast track 4 weeks?

2 Likes

Plain old regular modern submissions. No pressing, no fast track. Shipping back was really slow. 8 of those 28 days were just getting the books from FLA to MN.

2 Likes

Full article from CGC regarding their diminished backlog.

Some customers have noticed that select submissions have been completed faster than CGC’s posted turnaround times. These submissions were put through the optimized workflow and, by December 2021, all operations will have fully transitioned to the optimized workflow.

Mine were there and back in a month. If ALL can hit that starting in a couple weeks, that’s pretty fantastic.

3 Likes

It would be a true Christmas miracle!

3 Likes