CGC pickups

Just in case

3 Likes

6 Likes

I loved that book. One of the first comics I read cause my brother in law bought me the hardcover.

1 Like

Cheap slab pickup

3 Likes

This might be my new favorite, got it kind of cheap too.

6 Likes

Looks like CGC upgrading their submission systems.

In case anyone sending books to them be aware of this upgrade coming up on December 15th

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9684/new-cgc-form/

1 Like

(Me)Message: I logged into my submission tracking today and noticed that I was missing quite a few comics that had been sitting in the queue since April or May. Can you advise why they would disappear without notification that they were completed or shipped?

(Cgc) Good morning,

Our system automatically has submissions “drop off” of the online tracking after 8 months. We are currently working to correct this issue and you should be able to have access to all submissions once again.

(Me) I can tell you it’s pretty scary to have 50 comics “drop off” after waiting 8 months…thanks for the response though.
Sent from mobile device

Seriously??? Over 50 comics, with a theoretical market value of over $10k, poof, due to someone’s programming error.

3 Likes

Blackstone now owns CGC. From what I know, just a huge hedgefund company that has a lot of investors that go around and buy up any and everything. Expect the worse… be surprised when they do something good… I won’t do any business with business they now operate and control.

4 Likes

They (BlackRock) have their toes in just about everything. 5454 holdings, here is a list of the top 250 performers, including Visa, MasterCard, Amazon, Facebook, Intel, Apple & Chase Morgan. It’s just about impossible to avoid giving your money to BlackRock in one way or another. :man_shrugging:

https://stockzoa.com/fund/blackrock/

4 Likes

Yes they buy up the resorts for sale in Hawaii cut the staff put no money into the places and sell them later for a profit to someone that will actually care about the property.

2 Likes

That’s what my wife’s friend’s grandma says.

I like that cover…And probably a tough one to get a 9.8 with the all black cvr.
I pre ordered 3 from TFAW, waited forever, and they cancelled/deleted the books from my pre orders. So I have none…

1 Like

I’d show off my new Young Avengers 1 that got a CGC 9.6 (I really thought it was a 9.8, but oh well), however, it had this weird smudging all around inside the case. I called them and they were nice and are going to redo it. Still stinks though. Gonna have to mail that in.

Do you have a photo?

Blackstone is not Blackrock. Both are pretty equally bad but Blackrock is the worse of the two. But CGC Comics is owned by Blackstone, not Blackrock.

But yes, Blackrock owns a lot of stock spread out but they’re no where near in control type stock ownership for a majority of those top companies. It’s one thing to own a small % of stock where as I think Blackstone pretty much just owns CGC at this point.

Here is a picture, it’s all over though. It’s like someone had greasy hands and smeared them inside the case before sealing the comic in there too. So odd. At least I can get it fixed for free and I asked really nicely for some bonus credit and they gave me $20 on my account for future gradings as an apology for the inconvenience of this all.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/1NTqP1o

1 Like

Looks like what I’m dealing with.

Wow. I’m sending 5 books in for the second time to get the issue fixed…didn’t offer me anything…

I see the error in my ways ,(a little bit of creative diversity would go a long way, wall st tycoon investment group labeler people).

I think that was alluded to with the statement “they have their toes in…”. “Toes” meaning ‘a small part’. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, it’s hard to avoid a company like BlackRock entirely when they do dip their toes into just about everything but if they’re majority owners of something, I’ll avoid such businesses for sure.

I admit, I originally was thinking about BlackRock when BlackStone bought CGC…

I asked really nicely if they could give me any grading credit because I was a bit disappointed as I was going to take the book to a show this Sunday to trade with a friend for some other comics—which is true. She put me on hold and then said they could give me $20 of credit so I was like, “Awesome.” It’s something, I guess.