CGC Raising Prices!

I don’t see mention of it, either.

Also the membership tiers lose their discount except for the Elite $299 level, and they go down from 15% to 10%.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9073/cgc-upates-faqs/

1 Like

You can still prescreen but the fee is $8 per rejection as opposed to $5

this says otherwise

1 Like

That’s the screening you used to be able to do to see if pressing would help or not

I told someone on reddit, all we need is a scratch n sniff on the back of these slabs. Come complete with that “old comic” smell.

1 Like

2 Likes

What if people now just raised their CBCS prices in par to CGC graded slabs :thinking:
Buy the book NOT the plastic…

1 Like

hmmm, they didnt label it well at all on the Q&A section

2 Likes

Agreed it’s confusing but I think they use the term ‘Screening’ only when referring to CCS pressing and ‘Prescreening’ only when referring to CGC grading so they probably assume everyone else speaks their language.

2 Likes

Now would be a perfect time for CBCS to early-announce a really good special for May.

6 Likes

The old elite level never made since to me anyway. You would have to do so many books to make the extra $150 membership fee worth it for only 5% extra discount.

Now you if you are going to do more than roughly 70 books a year you should be elite and it not premium.

Kind of on topic here, but does CGC auto renew or do they remind you and give you an opt out?

$8 for a prescreen rejection lol you can get the book graded for $12 from PGX

4 Likes

9.9 every time to

CGC does have an auto renew feature that I believe is turned on by default which you can turn off. It currently says that you can save $5 if you auto renew.

1 Like

I’ll actually pay $25 more, per comic, in every tier if I had assurance of them getting back to where they used to be before the expansion and 70 person hiring… i.e… replacing the 3 blind mice graders, minimizing damages, and ditching Dopey & the 7 Dunces in their customer service

Time to move our business over to CBCS. Really wish everyone would do the same en masse. They always seemed like a better company anyways with better pricing. They just need to fire their graphic designer because their labels look awful. If it wasn’t so bad CBCS have a much wider acceptance.

5 Likes

If they’re raking in the cash, then expanding should be more efficient and make more profit. Otherwise why expand if you’re not profiting more?

Nice excuse…not buying it.

And here I was thinking I’d sending in my next submission fast track…HA!

2 Likes

Wow…so what used to cost me $27 now is $37…and that’s if I pay them the $200 membership fee (which I assume you still get back in credit).

That’s a big increase. 37%

1 Like

It’s 10% off for 10 books in April.

Every month they’ve had something…but yes CBCS hasn’t really taken advantage of Opportunities like this to really get their product out there. I think people were pushing them last time CGC raised their prices which doesn’t seem like that long ago.

1 Like