CGC Raising Prices!

I guess I’ll have to give CBCS a try now. Every time I’ve called them though, I’ve gotten a call center in India. Every time. Those calls have never gone well. That’s what’s held be back until now.

3 Likes

Where can we get CGC’s financials? Would be keen to see how much profit they are making.

I don’t know about it being an excuse to me it seems like normal business practice, expand the company increase productivity and services and that comes with additional cost. How long has CGC had these prices? Everything goes up over time, a $ today is not worth the same as it was 10 years ago. Inflation happens and people move with the times.

Maybe if people didn’t blow all that free stimulus money :grinning: how many submissions would that money cover at the new pricing model?

Sure people will talk big and bring up CBCS but we all know their slabs don’t sell for as much as CGC does and that right there makes up for any pricing increase and once people start putting 2 and 2 together CGC will be open for your business.

I’ve always had to pay far more for CGC submissions so I probably have a different outlook on the situation.

I believe if they are a non-profit you should be able to get them freely from the internet.

CGC is far from non-profit.

2 Likes

If CGC is non profit, I’m the Rock

4 Likes

Only if they release that info. I do not believe CGC is a publicly traded company which would be the other way to find out their financials (other than non-profits).

1 Like

I thought they were an “association”, which can be a “non profit”. My company is set up the same way. We make a lot of profit, but are a non profit entity.

Nope, they are a private company. Interesting idea though of a nonprofit grading agency.

Yeah. And like this … $300 which includes 6 week turnaround.
https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9079/

I’d pay $300 just to meet that man… he’s so pretty! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s only $300. You’ll get fast tracked sig of your own.

So I’ve been thinking about the new value of my Premium CGC Membership.

I am currently rejoicing in the fact that, with the removal of grading discount, I now pay $149 to get an amazing $149 of free grading.

That’s just so much better than the Free Membership, where idiots will now be paying $0 for $0 of free grading. Can you believe how dense some people are? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Hmm… for the Associate members like myself, I am currently seeing a $140 offer on the CGC website to upgrade to Premium which, according to CGC’s news release seems to say that I would get the $150 credit and still keep the 10% grading discount until the renewal/expiration date next April so that may be an option for people to lock in before the price increases.

Probably still not worth it since my presser passes along his CGC dealer discount which is dropping to 15%.

1 Like

I’m paper,. I win.

1 Like

Rock hurls right through paper.

NOT…Spidey paper :).

I’m wondering what they pay, now. Sarasota ain’t bad. Rent probably stupid high.

Not to defend CGC, but the Free tier won’t have submission privileges at all (unless they keep making exceptions for all their Signature Series events).

IDK. I see CBCS books and just looking at some completed sales on Ebay of course. Recently bought two cgc’s and prefer the way they look. Some goofball had three nxy’s and I guess he/she wasn’t happy with the sale price. I’m thinking it’s the same book, looked at the number and they seem to be the same.
https://ebay.us/bPu5J2

That’s fair, but the value proposition has diminished considerably.