CGC Raising Prices!

Yep. No argument there.

2 Likes

I see 8 defects on the top of this 9.8 cgc copy

1 Like

wow. Are they counting them as “manufacturer/printing” errors? Smh.

1 Like

Pathetic… absolutely Pathetic. And some poor soul who trusts CGC implicitly will be stuck with that load

Wanted to send some books in before the new rate hike. Signed up today (4/27) for the $150 membership but could not get the online form to load. Kept getting {“message”:null,”statusCode”:-1}

Smh…now I need to call them and cancel my membership as I’d rather send my books to cbcs if I’m to use the new fee structure…

PITA

2 Likes

What does pita have to do with this? You had some tasty pita bread or chips after the site crashed?

Oh…oh, PITA.

:slight_smile:

Two emails to their “contact us” email address have bounced.

Wtf?

1 Like

One of my favoutite shop owners input the submission details for 300 books yesterday and got exactly the same catastrophic message! :anguished:

I was getting that same message, I just kept reloading until it worked…took a lot of reloading but I eventually got it.

I did eventually get it to work. Obviously CGC going to her slammed. I went for fast pass…it was after midnight but I still got my 10% off. See what happens.

I think they said your 10% discount stays around until your current membership runs out.

You are spot on. That is exactly what they said.

Prices going up…again

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9757/2022-cgc-fees/

3 Likes

AGAIN? For real?

2 Likes

Blackstone wants that :moneybag: :moneybag:

2 Likes

Modern Tier $2 raise… those YouTube videos gonna be dropping hard with complaining. :thinking:

Current Turnaround for Modern Tier:149 days, Fast Track: 80 days

Hey at least it’s not as bad as cheapest PSA offering currently $100 per card.

2 Likes

Wow, $100 per card? I didn’t know it was so expensive. How is a card more expensive than a comic?

From what I gather it used to be MUCH cheaper before PSA had to shut down literally to work on backlog. They recently reopened higher priced tiers.

So if you think you have a valuable card you better make sure it’s worth grading at these high levels. But they said eventually the will reopen lower tiers.

https://www.psacard.com/pricing

Versus I go to my LCS pickup a random new Wed comic mail to CGC for $24 wait 12 months and pray I hit the comic lotto… :pray:

Cards or Comics make sure it’s worth the time and grading fees. :man_shrugging:

PSA parent company used to publicly traded was purchased last year for $700mill

Two things could happen here. 1 is CBCS could really see some growth. If they’d update the look of their slabs it could really take off. 2 is these mass submissions of modern comics that are purely speculative should go down. Really should wait until value has been established before submitting. Just go on eBay and search CGC graded comic. Some of the stuff people are having slabbed is silly.

3 Likes