CGC Signing Event

Or save yourself $450 and not get it.

Or buy a nice silver age book.

4 Likes

I don’t know about anyone else, but I also don’t enjoy signatures that are next to illegible, which many celebrities use.

1 Like

To each their own but I also don’t enjoy signatures on my comics. I feel it’s akin to defacing the comic. I may make an exception for Stan Lee and George Perez but alas it’s too late :frowning_face:

1 Like

I have very few, most are not graded and are just personal copies of cheap comics I had an artist sign for fun and a memory.

When Stan Lee died, my youngest was very sad cuz he didnt get to meet him. I think he was the only person my youngest really cared about meeting in person.

1 Like

Or get a snazzy useless greg horn signature as well

1 Like

I like how they show full signatures for Jackman, but that’s not what you are getting.

1 Like

Lmao at paying $450 for Hugh Jackman’s signature. Many years ago I got a chance to meet my celebrity crush Morena Baccarin from Firefly at Fanexpo. This was when she was at her peak and to me back then she was the biggest star on the planet. I could’ve gotten to meet her and and taken a professional photo with her. Get to talk to her, who knows get a hug, hold her hand. All for $75 in Canadian dollars, that’s like $50US. I was much younger then and got nervous and chickened out.

Ludicrous paying $450 for a Hugh Jackman signature.

3 Likes

Jim Lee signing

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12016/Jim-Lee-Trio-Signing/

1 Like

Only $170 for all three?
Wow!
I can’t think of a better deal anywhere :roll_eyes:

To be serious - it seems like alot to me. I dunno. I dunno anything anymore.

I DO remember free Jim Lee autographs at Big Apple Con years ago. Those days are clearly over and gone.

3 Likes

I remember when Stan Lee signatures was free…a long, long time ago.

2 Likes

Yep!
Got the 1st 27 volumes of Marvel Masterworks signed for free from Stan.
This was back when getting a hardcover book signed was a bigger deal than getting a comic signed.

I still believe that; but CGC kinda killed any chance of that catching on. The horror… the horror of a signed hardcover book over a comic. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have the first several turtles issues in hardcover. I want Eastman and Laird to sign the inside cover.

2 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :100:

1 Like

I still remember getting a Jim Lee signature for free. This was my first comic convention ever in toronto when Jim Lee was this new artist on Uncanny Xmen.

Looked around and saw a vendor with a huge stack of ASM 300 selling for $5 each. Must’ve had at least a 100 of them. I picked out the nicest copy and bought it. I miss those days :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t pay for autographs. It’s a waste of money for me… Stan Lee autograph is so abundant, it adds zero value. Honestly if I like a creator/artists work, just meeting them and telling them I’m a fan of their work is much more meaningful.

3 Likes

I have a great story about Jim Lee. He was at Baltimore years ago and I had him signed the recalled All Star Batman issue. (the Goddamn Batman issue) he was not supposed to sign them. He didnt check. Cgc also didn’t send a witness but they graded it yellow label anyway.

3 Likes

Well, if there is a market then people will charge, but back in the day as far as I remember all the artists and writers would sign for free at conventions. Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Bob Kane, even the Superman creators would be there signing for fans. All for free. You just had to wait in pretty long lines. So far I have only paid for one autograph. That was for Stan Lee and my Avengers #1. He was getting old and I knew time was getting short and I wanted those issues signed for a while. I have bought books with autographs before but only if there wasn’t a huge mark up. As far as Stan Lee autographs, they are definitely plentiful. You figure he has been signing at conventions since the mid 1970’s year after year so there are probably tens of thousands of singed stan lee comics floating around out there but he is probably the one signature people want the most, especially on silver age keys.

1 Like

I’m in the complete opposite when it comes to the classics… I don’t want classic books signed, to me, it ruins the book because it’s now considered damaged from it’s original intended condition. :slight_smile:

Speaking as a flipper, I suppose the “flip” side is if folks will pay $170 in decent volume amounts, and I can still make a profit on the book after this (what I consider) crazy $170 added cost, then I guess it’s all worth it.

Personally, I remain at “I don’t get it for these 3”, but I rarely understand anything in this hobby anymore.

1 Like