CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

This. The TATs at both of the big two are unacceptable to me right now. I’m not sending anything for grading unless the book is pricy enough to require a higher tier (and therefore reasonable TAT) anyway.

1 Like

CHU should start a grading company. People put their books up. Everyone votes on the grade, whoever pays Tony the most gets the grade they want and Ppyo seals the book in Tony’s basement with some Saran wrap and packing tape. After that the number is assigned with a sharpie and BAM, CHUGC!.

2 Likes

I’ve been telling people if they want their books graded, send them to me. I’ve mentioned Poyo’s types of grades… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup… easily it would be the highest quality grading service out there!

I personally don’t care. I’ve already sent in the books I’d want to sell near term. Now it’s all PC stuff which I’ll be very picky about anyway and can wait.

Not sure if this is the most correct thread to post, but anyways, look at what I just seen. This poor guy, he just posted this an hour ago so this is a recent mishap.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - if any of these companies operated in a competetive business environment, they’d be out of business in 3 months.
They lie; they are incompetent, and I have not even begun to go further.
If they didn’t control the market, because they control the money in the market; they’d be gone.
I would never tolerate the rampant incompetence from a company and yet in this industry I have to in order to profit. It’s almost getting to the point where it’s not worth my aggravation level anymore and just sell raw.

5 Likes

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10226/

1 Like

Yikes, now a person has to look up each individual books notes before deciding to make a purchase with them not saying any of the defects anymore.

I am dipping my toe into slabbing with PGX for my PC. I have no idea why anyone would use GCG right now, other than your books have been there for a year and you have no choice. This whole GCG on top thing is going to crumble and those other 3rd parties are just going to be 3rd party graders, which is what they should have been in the first place, with a single grading standard that is available to everyone.

Buy the book, not the slab. In that poor situation above, I guess just give them their book.

2 Likes

Just sell raw, baby!

1 Like

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/17692/page/1/cgc-screw-up-again/#9

Owner of the book posted in CBCS forum…looks to be a regular there, So thinking this is legit.

2 Likes

I would do that anyway. Why trust just the label?

2 Likes

just got back my first submission from pgx and very pleased. accurate grading, timely processing and return, labels finally look presentable, good communication from cs.
for now im mostly using them for my pc books because the resale value isnt there yet.
but hopefully that will change eventually once more people notice that cgc grading quality and overall quality isnt reliable. and once cgc notices that continuing to put out a bs product will not retain customers indefinitely.

5 Likes

With the mess the market is in will PGX actually regain esteem? I wonder.

2 Likes

I am not sure regaining esteem, but certainly parity. Other than the argument that CGC holds better resale value, I think CBCS, PGX, EGS are equivalent-all just 3rd party graders. They just need to use a comic Kelly Blue Book equivalent (cue Overstreet).

2 Likes

CBCS announced price increases for their Express service a few days ago on social. Now that it’s the Friday before a long holiday weekend, they’ve finally sent out an email about it.

Starting in April 2022, CBCS launched a money back guarantee on the company’s new Express Services introductory turn times. If CBCS does not ship per the guaranteed turn time, the submitter gets their grading or pressing fees refunded. No other comic book grading company offers guaranteed turn times for its customers.

After a hugely successful testing launch of guaranteed turn times for express service levels, CBCS has determined it will continue to offer these guaranteed services with some pricing adjustments.

Today is only Thursday.

1 Like

Ah damn, you are right! My bad. I wish it was Friday! :rofl:

Still, it’s interesting to me that CBCS didn’t coordinate announcement communications.

1 Like

Bad News Thursday