CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

This cracked me up. Cgc ran an April Fools joke.

Some people may have believed CGC would do this as right after that showed up on Facebook, this cgc money grab did.

Love when reality mimics comedy.

5 Likes

Itā€™s funny because itā€™s actually believable that cgc would offer thisā€¦

2 Likes

At least they use the same grading standards for all items. A ā€œ4ā€ for a coloring pageā€¦pshhh, that is clearly an ā€œ8.5ā€ at least.

Read the comments, it says a page was chewed up. Lol. That part cracked me up.

I see the new CBCS prices and tiers have been released. Interesting to me is that they now have created two (what I consider) modern tiers.

ā€œNewā€ 2001 to present $20
ā€œModernā€ 1975-2000 $24

For me personally, if I submitted to CBCS, Iā€™d just ante up the additional funds and go with the new guaranteed express route.
$40 bucks for a guaranteed 14 day turn around or your money back (for either of the new modern tiers) versus 224 days and $16 savingā€¦no brainer to me.

2 Likes

LOLā€¦ā€œNewā€ is not an era

1 Like

Another reason I wont use CBCSā€¦those ridiculous turnaround times

2 Likes

Agreedā€¦I added to my post above, but if I did go with CBCSā€¦Iā€™d be using that express tier for sure despite the additional cost.

1 Like

Thats point of their ā€œbusiness modelā€. Those long turnaround times will force people to pay more for quicker service.

4 Likes

A newer company that grades action figures ā€œCASā€ attempted to do that whole guaranteed turn around dealā€¦it last about three months as there was no way in hell they could make good on that once business increased just a little.

1 Like

Does that say 490 days for pressing I can have 15 shipments sent in graded pressed and returned by pgx in the time it would take one submission to come back from cgc

3 Likes

butā€¦butā€¦but you can always choose the super duper double secret probation fastest ever express tier and cut it down to 7 days for the low low price of your soul and a cannister of pringles.

3 Likes

i like using CBCS but damn man, this just doesnt make me want to submit anything anymore. Still waiting on 2 summer 2021 submissions and Iā€™m not a flipper so I wouldnt use any of those express tiers.

1 Like

Correct. Itā€™s a tier.

1 Like

CBCS Yikes 490 business days to press one comic. That must be a record, so thatā€™s about 2 year turnaround time. throw in another 224 days to grade. it take 3 yrs to get a modern book back.

1 Like

What that means is donā€™t use them for pressing unless you are willing to pay $$$. Theyā€™re just trying to get people accept pressing is a premium service now. Select the cheap service youā€™ll be put in the ā€œmaybe weā€™ll eventually get to it/not a priorityā€ pile.

Iā€™m using private pressing going forward.

Itā€™s a shame because I was going to get my magazines pressed and graded but really donā€™t want my books sitting packed in a box for 2 years before they even get to them.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m sure everything is climate controlled and what not, but it just seems a little bit too long to sit.

I also have a few magazine size comics Iā€™d like to press and gradeā€¦but Iā€™m also just as happy to read them again too. So Iā€™m in no rush there.

I gotta get my comics in to the presser as they are likely going to get a large influx as people avoid these tats and prices.

CBCS was my ā€œgo toā€.
No longer.
I will still use them for VSP (which CGC does not offer) and for conventions (not as crowded); but for regular submissions theyā€™ve lost me as a customer.
And Iā€™ve been pretty vocal about supporting CBCS over the last couple years due to their grading competencies. But since this whole grading thing is one big giant pyramid scheme anyway - Iā€™ll just take the crappily graded CGC and sell them because thatā€™s what people want.

4 Likes

What a giant cluster F with the new pricing tiers with cbcs. It appears they rolled it out without testing the functionality of the new system and hadnā€™t put too much thought into it. People in the cbcs forums who are notorious shills and homers are blasting cbcs for this poor rollout.

Iā€™ll have to reconsider using cbcs now as I was planning to use them exclusively but now some of their pricing is more than that of cgc and the turnaround time is even longer lol.

1 Like