CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

i just got my membership for $88 because there’s an automatic discount going right now plus adding the discount code THANKFUL.

2 Likes

Is the $150 same as cash credit free credit to use towards grading or is it they will extend you $150 credit that you have to pay back. The wording is funny.

It’s a credit you can use for grading, and I think pressing too. You don’t pay anything back.

I’ve had this membership on and off several times over the years.

Can the grading credit be used for pressing now? I remember it used to not apply to shipping but now it does.

I believe It was applied to pressing last time I used it. Cgc took over css pressing so it’s not farmed out anymore.

do you know if you can return cgc graded book which was cracked during transit after 30 days?

I hate to be negative, but they have really, really clamped down on that in the last year. It is worth a try of calling/really pleading with them. They have made the window extremely tiny for returns now.

You have 14 days after you recieved it to make any kind of complains or returns. I tried at the 15th day and they turned me down.

I’d just dispute the charges on my credit card. When I make purchases and they show up in the condition not advertised, let the credit cards fight the good fight for you, they usually win… :wink:

2 Likes

To late for that lol. I just gave my business to CBCS since that happened.

2 Likes

A CGC cracked case during shipment?
blasphemy! Impossible! :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

you’d think they’d contract out a packaging engineering consultant by now to help re-design their package.
But noooooooooooo… establish a 15 day return window for a product which is, without argument, unacceptable from a packaging design engineering standpoint.

(I have packaging engineering dabblings in my job)

They just piss me off with their ineptitude and lack of culpability.

3 Likes

Don’t hold back Bill. Tell us how you really feel about cgc. :joy:

6 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Just once…just once I’d like them to act like a business … businesses make improvements; than an monopoly that continues to put out the same sub-par product with no consequences.

Federally run stuff, State run stuff, and monopolies (quasi-monopolies) just don’t give a sh*t abut the end consumer because they don’t have to.

And we suffer. This poor guy got a cracked case which is more commonplace than bear sh*t in the woods. I should know. I have more “mechanical errors” returns than I care to mention

3 Likes

You know, at this point, the only people to truly blame now are the people who still use and buy from CGC. If you continue to support bad behavior then why should they change? Stop giving them money and they’ll learn real fast in fixing their shit…

3 Likes

You are right. Honestly, are there any other option that is comparable or better? For me, CBCS case looks like high school student designed it and if you spending $ /time/effort and getting sub-value on 2ndary market, it’s not really encouraging. Honestly, this year, CGC fdup my book pretty bad via reholder. Numberous book came back with multiple spine stress / bend via reholder in one submission. To this date, issue has not been resolved.

1 Like

This really boils down to why you’re getting a comic book slabbed in the first place. So many factors are involved.

My golden rule though is, buy the book, not the slab. Too many seem to care more about what the slab looks like or the grade slapped on it or what’s the label look like when ultimately the most important thing within it is the actual comic book itself.

CGC became the dominant one and it seems most can’t seem to let go of that, so they stick with them despite being abused daily. It’s like battered slab syndrome… the more they abuse you, the more you love them.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.
I can’t wait … can’t wait… for the day I don’t use them anymore. (if that could even come)
Sadly and unfortunately, the $$$ is still with them since that’s where nearly everyone goes.
So I’m stuck with their bullcrap until such time their bullcrap costs me more in my time and effort than the profits of using them.
However, It remains unquestionably, that their delivered product is often sub-par in so many aspects.

If the dog sht collecting community believes there is value in heaping piles of dogsht, then that’s what I’m going to sell them.

Well maybe we should pool our talents and resources and start our own grading company?!

1 Like

Told you all my grading service guidelines before on the forums… I’ll even sketch dick pics upon requests too… :wink:

2 Likes

Now I just wanna pay for a Poyo original sketch of that famous little (sometimes big) organ! Lol.

1 Like