CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

Hopefully they’re testing by comparing it to actual color palettes on paper next to it, not dependent on the lights and their eyes.

1 Like

AI we ware talking about

List of affected books eligible for holder review…

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12454/

2 Likes

Well you can all rest easy. I am marking myself safe from CGC-gate 2023/24

I was surprised by the number of ASM #194s involved. For the most parts, books that would make sense for them to manipulate are on that list.
Would suck to have one of those books and deal with that mess. Shame…

Phew… I can rest easy now knowing that anyone who wants to can go back to swapping out books can do so :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Those ASM 300’s though.

1 Like

350 books +/-? :rofl:

OK… :ok_hand:

3 Likes

IMG_0393

3 Likes

All the issues this person targeted I own are in CBCS holders.

The other thing is that CGC likely will not compensate the swaps that did not pass back through them for reholders. Any straight-up swaps that did not go back through them technically were not a “failure” on their part.

2 Likes

Time to start reading the posts in the CGC forum every 30 seconds.
It was dwindling to only 1 every 2 minutes for awhile.
I look forward to reading how everyone is put at ease now :rofl: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Lmao if anyone truly believes that only 350 out of 85 million collectibles were tampered with, please send that person my way. I have some amazing beach-front property in Nebraska that I would love to sell them.

5 Likes

I have a bridge in the Sahara

Did you know London Bridge is in Arizona?

2 Likes

I did not know that!
But I do know it’s falling down

This is good video about everything CGC missed on the reholder scandal. incredible how none of these things raised any red flags at CGC. Including submitting over 50 spiderman #194 all CGC 9.8 and over 100 spiderman #300 all 9.6 or 9.8, all which were reholdered.

2 Likes

Good thing my ASM 300 is CBCS and an old case and label at that.

3 Likes

My ASM 300 is free… I like to get it out every so often and smell my childhood with it…

2 Likes

I still have three copies of ASM #194 and #300 that I bought decades ago. I haven’t gotten any of the #194 graded yet but the 300’s were graded almost a decade ago. Sending books I have owned for a while shouldn’t be an issue because I know what is wrong with them if anything. However, it is going to be difficult buying any high grade/high priced CGC books moving forward. I liked buying CGC to “guarantee” there is no trimming or restoration but now my faith in them is shaken big time. How many restoration checks were done too quickly or lazy? I’m sure there are more issues going on than this recent scandal.

3 Likes

Smells like tears and cat food?