CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

I noticed the signature one on the list. I was like no way to verify Stan’s signature on the inside but didn’t think of the year angle.

1 Like

Same here! And a 9.4! No one wants to waste time on a crappy NM book!

2 Likes

Bottom line is CBCS case is much more difficult to tamper without leaving evidence. At least with more common tools.

2 Likes

The unfortunate thing - only a small percentage will change their slab buying habits
Folks either just don’t care, aren’t all that bright, have severe CGC-OCD, they’re in denial of a switcheroo, or have too much tied into CGC (or all the above).
It’s as if they enjoy getting paddled by Neidermeyer over and over and over and over.

As a seller, I’ll continue to monitor the monetary impact/situation and if no one else cares in the hobby & willing to pay more than an equivalent CBCS, then I don’t care.
I’m happy to sell them snake oil if that’s what they desire.

4 Likes

More accurate grading and a more secure case. Sounds to me like a better product. Maybe why cgc commands so much more money is fraud.

3 Likes

I’m looking for books for the PC graded…so if I see a CBCs new case, I can feel pretty good about it being legit…and maybe get a better deal for the number grade that’s in the label.

1 Like

I haven’t seen this yet so can’t comment. Posting link as this should be interesting. Matt Nelson addresses scandal.

2 Likes

This was disappointing tbh. They didn’t ask the right questions. Not even close.

1 Like

Dammit, was so looking forward to watching it. Every time Matt comes on to do these interviews, these youtubers are so scared to ask all the tough questions thinking cgc will stick it to them ffs

3 Likes

They’re all invested heavily into CGC and won’t jeopardize their “investments” anymore than they’ve already been jeopardized.

I’d love to see an interview from an individual who has both zero stake in this grading pyramid scheme & the cojones/wits to ask real questions the community wants answers to .

3 Likes

Set me on Matt Nelson.
It won’t be pretty

3 Likes

I’m 18 mins in and it’s pretty good actually. They’ve so far addressed the FMV compensation issue which was a big one. It’s not too bad

Need them to bring up the quality control issues but I don’t think that will be happenning

1 Like

Apparently, they like to play softball.

1 Like

This guy is gold. Must be a forum reader because he stole my grading system.

https://youtube.com/shorts/AeEYgNghlWA?si=_j7pPLh4g-TXA9NM

3 Likes

lol. All he is missing is “never been read”.

1 Like

decent overview with some solid points made. but this dude is not exactly an impartial voice on third party grading:

“i talked to cbcs. not just the head grader over there, who is my dad…”

2 Likes

Oh man, really? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

CGC does need its feet held to the fire, but the culture of YouTube drama/hot takes/clapbacks is just funny. And of course comic nerdom would be small enough that one of its YouTubers would have family at a grading company. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

CGC YouTube channel has busy uploaded 5 videos in the pasr 1 day… before that Holiday video… before that 2 months…

Guess marketing team gonna be busy.

2 Likes