CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

3 Likes

I think pressing a book causes a defect that you wonā€™t see in unaltered books. I can understand how you can get a grade bump by removing the other defects, but pressing itself causes a defect. This is another reason why I hate graded books. They donā€™t state if the book was pressed even though itā€™s obvious if you are grading it.

1 Like

How is pressing a book a defect?

The PR continuesā€¦ Free membership now you can grade comics no discountā€¦ if you are a paying member now you get a discount

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12543/

BUT the cases are the sameā€¦ :thinking:

Free membership plus 9.9 pre-screening coming soon? woohoo

2 Likes

Sooooooooooooo happy they brought back the 10% discount for Premium members !

1 Like

I smell cash flow issues.

4 Likes

Yepper

IMG_0729

2 Likes

Shots firedā€¦again

3 Likes

tenor (1)

3 Likes

Will they raise prices once the dust settles? :thinking:

Nah this gesture is for the comic family they wonā€™t ever do the family dirtyā€¦ :rofl:

Anti-Heat gun proofing will be extra feeā€¦ like fast track or custom labelsā€¦ :fire:

1 Like

Nothing to worry about - theyā€™ve identified the 350 comics that they got duped.
Clearly, itā€™s on you the consumer, to ensure you donā€™t get duped with their easily tampered cases that they refuse to commit to fixing the REAL problem.

Bunch of cement heads over there

1 Like

UF 4 CGC 9.9s will heal all woundsā€¦no worriesā€¦ if you make the dealers and big players money its all forgiven

But those Miles home made acetate gate CGC 10.0s blue labels are more rarerā€¦ :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Reeks of desperation

2 Likes

In the 2022 boom, they hired new graders, bought new equipment, and cranked grading fees. Now that the boffo sales of slabs from 2022 have settled, theyā€™re finding out how those cranked fees are going over.

2 Likes

CBCS comes out firing with a BAZOOKA! :joy:

4 Likes

Video no workie

How about now?

Thanks for the share. Interesting video on how the CBCS cases will show tampering if heat was put on them.

But disappointed they didnā€™t hand out an award just because :man_shrugging: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think there is a much larger percent of new books that should be 9.9 than what is given. How many times have you seen disproportionate 9.8ā€™s out there. Some look absolutely perfect and others have a couple of albeit small but noticeable flaws.