CGC vs CBCS vs PGX vs PSA

Pressed books have that weird rigidity that I don’t see on unpressed books.

1 Like

Sorry if this was mentioned (I don’t see it if so).

The new dealer discount for CGC is 25%. I know the presser I utilize passes this discount to his customers so this is pretty good. Realizing there are certainly the issues we’ve discussed, but there will remain a market/incentive to have certain books graded so I am happy about paying less when I submit.

3 Likes

Good move by CGC.

1 Like

Speaking of comic pressers, if you want to see a comic presser shit on cgc for the bs they have to go through you need to watch this video. Cliff notes, cgc sends books back to pressers address rather than customer. Cgc tells presser to send books back to cgc. Cases get scuffed up upon arriving at cgc, tells presser to resubmit new mechanical error form (for all 27 books lol). Waits another month, nothing happens. Cgc tells him one of the books got damaged during re-encapsulation. Goes through new hoopla to get customer’s book fairly compensated. This has happened 4 times in the last 3 months where cgc shipped the books back to the presser (he’s in Canada)

Ranting starts at around 4 min mark. The Comic Doctor is a very mild manner guy so it’s very funny to see him get increasingly angry as he recants the story. I just picture @Bill talking when I’m watching him lol. Cgc broke him. :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, if that “rigidity” happens it is best to carefully flip through the book a couple of times. Should get rid of it, If we are thinking about the same thing.

1 Like

I picked up a year membership around thanksgiving, $100 got the year with a $150 credit. Procrastinated because I can’t decide what books to send in…now it’s like I’m getting $165 for my $100!!

5 Likes

thatistheway

1 Like

Just curious, now that we’re many weeks into the scandal/scam…

As a seller - Has anyone received any requests to return CGC products post-sale due to concerns with tampering
OR
As a seller - has anyone received a tamper related question from a potential buyer for any CGC item they’re selling?
OR
As a Buyer - Has anyone personally returned or asked a tampering question to a seller, as a buyer?

1 Like

I just returned this Spiderman 252 because there was a crease on the upper corner which was not in the original posting. looks like it was damaged in transit however the books was securely packaged. So not sure what happened with this book.

5 Likes

Given grade = 9.8?

At least it looks like can press out nicely.

1 Like

the book was graded a 9.6.

1 Like

It was probably the lighting in the original pic and was missed. That doesn’t look like the kind of damage you get during transport. Was probably there all along.

Of course it was, CGC sucks and most people who know they suck still using them are just kissing their arses by continuing to give them their money! :wink:

2 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

3 Likes

Didn’t want this information get lost in our long list CGC discussion.

2 Likes

This info must be shared to public to all collectors who collect CGC slabs.

SMH…

1 Like

Damn!

1 Like

8 minute mark… :thinking:

“No connection”

1 Like

Well, CBCS and PGX better hit the ground running with this. Opportunities to take business/market share not only from a competitor but the leader of an industry don’t come along very often.

3 Likes