CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

At least it looks like can press out nicely.

1 Like

the book was graded a 9.6.

1 Like

It was probably the lighting in the original pic and was missed. That doesn’t look like the kind of damage you get during transport. Was probably there all along.

Of course it was, CGC sucks and most people who know they suck still using them are just kissing their arses by continuing to give them their money! :wink:

2 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

3 Likes

Didn’t want this information get lost in our long list CGC discussion.

2 Likes

This info must be shared to public to all collectors who collect CGC slabs.

SMH…

1 Like

Damn!

1 Like

8 minute mark… :thinking:

“No connection”

1 Like

Well, CBCS and PGX better hit the ground running with this. Opportunities to take business/market share not only from a competitor but the leader of an industry don’t come along very often.

3 Likes

Anyone remember “Bahgdad Bob” ? :rofl:

These seem like completely different situations. One involves re-holdering, the other outright stealing.

I guess I’ll go to the CGc boards to know more, but the latter seems like a lot easier and sloppier…down right stupid to think they would not get caught…and all for a measly $25k or so.

I want to see “The Swapper” arrested…

Still pretty bad…yet another CGC integrity issue.

2 Likes

If u listen to the Nelson response to the reholder issue or about any corrective action about their faulty case process. Are you surprise they would value moral integrity when hiring an employee. For crying out loud, I got 4/10 book damaged via reholder this last year… I got a 50 dollar credit out of it.

2 Likes

i know he meant no CGC employee involved with reholder scam… but good chance he knew legal was going after employees for this scam.

Not a good look for any news regarding employees and scams

1 Like

Time to start cleaning house in Florida.
Ship those in charge out to the Gulf of Mexico on a one way trip to nowhere.

A Mountain Gorilla could run that organization better than it is. And a Mountain Gorilla doesn’t lie; so it’s getting better already

2 Likes

The grading companies should be just like Willy Wonka’s darn factory…nobody goes in…nobody ever goes out----just shipments of books.

I’ve never understood (and CGC is far worse) the hype/associations/media stuff with not only comic creators but big comic sellers. It’s such a conflict of interest.

Oh…we have this massive new pedigree type find of rare comic books and we have CGC here appraising and assisting with the grading process/selections/process of submitting, etc.

Even the whole signature signing events at their facilities…no way… that shouldn’t be taking place in my opinion.

3 Likes

Well, the founders of CGC sold out to the highest bidder and this is the end result.

4 Likes

as they say “there is fuc-kary afoot.”

2 Likes

Yes it is. Very much so. The whole slab industry has built itself on a stack of cards (CGC just has a higher stack/farther to fall). These issues coming out of CGC can all be tied back to lack of controls…mostly because they know they have such a stronghold on the market/industry they are immune, but also exacerbated by being acquired by a larger organization and rapid expansion in recent years.

Basically, if their customers or competition isn’t strong enough or willing to push them to be better, they won’t get better. Why get better if the money rolls in anyway?

Smart/sustainable companies invest time and money being in looking for problems and getting out ahead of them…not reacting to them.

2 Likes

CGC will overhaul their security systems and procedures and then make announcement saying as much. None of this will have much of an impact on their future. Collectors and sellers have way too much invested to let CGC die. I’d like to see CBCS use this unique opportunity to be innovative and bring something new to the game to attract more customers. The Beckett manga slabs/labels look awesome and that’s something to build on.

The ideal result (in my personal opinion) is not CGC slabs losing value but CBCS slab values catching up and becoming even with CGC. If CBCS becomes real competition everyone wins in the collecting/selling market.

4 Likes