CGC vs CBCS vs PGX

Immortal Hulk #34 is at best a $10 book on a good day, looks like it can be found for cheaper. The autographs add zero value for me when purchasing such an item. I would take that $100 and run to be honest if it was me.

2 Likes

It’s not about worth. It was about what he actually invested in it. Signature might have been $5 or $50. I don’t know.

He got the signatures for free at a book signing he said.

It’s a matter of principle most likely.

If you don’t return it they ban you. Happened to my friend with the Werewolf by Night

IMG_5918

1 Like

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/19888/cbcs-lost-my-stan-lee-signed-fantastic-four-48-stolen/

Looks like others are getting low offers for their lost books.

Apparently Fed Ex lost a shipment from SDCC.

This is nuts, even if it was a mislabel, very embarrassing for them.

When you created the submission, did you enter the comic as the modern facsimile or the original? Also, what tier did you submit under?

[quote=“D-Rog, post:529, topic:2032”]
Looks like others are getting low offers for their lost books.

They offered me $1000 in insurance for the 5 books I submitted with CBCS at SDCC for just in case they got lost in shipment from FedEx.

It probably has to do with declared value of the books. I hope yours were not lost.

1 Like

So CGC completely messes something up and they will ban a person for not sending it back for a reholder?!

In the case of the werewolf by night they banned the guy.

It was submitted as 2023 UK facsimile - the copy that didn’t pass prescreen shows facsimile edition on the CGC bar code sticker. The breakdown seems to be after grading - in the labeling dept.

Just purchased this star wars #42 CBCS 9.6 for $280 while the CGC 9.6 is going for over $400.

Why the big price difference between CGC and CBCS?

3 Likes

It’s funny because you can crack it and send it to cgc and probably get a 9.8.

5 Likes

Because collectors are buying slabs and not the books within the slabs
 they’re being morons! :wink:

2 Likes

Look it over very well
if you think it has a shot send it in. Worst that’s likely to happen is it comes back a 9.6 and you’ve upped the “value” just by switching cases.

The other thought was whether the CGC that sold for $400 was a newsstand?

1 Like

CBCS and PGX are just fine if you are buying for the pc, but those who want the most value for the comic CGC is the way to go. Value sometimes is a lot different than quality since CGC has had a lot of QC issues lately, but that is just how it is these days.

1 Like

I’d say nearly all comic collectors have some degree of OCD
If they all talk about CGC, bleed CGC, eat CGC, sleep CGC, - then it doesn’t matter if the other companies are better, equal or worse.

It’s all about CGC because folks are a bit to completely nutz

4 Likes

I would agree with you on that one.

2 Likes