Children of the Atom #1

I ended up with a 1 in 7 ratio.

Cyclops-Lass… Marvel Guy…

So much thought must have gone into these incredible names…

1 Like

Yeah. I think the book looks interesting and I will check it out, but these names are not great.

2 Likes

OK, I just read it and wanted to give my 2 cents. I loved it, and I generally don’t love much of what Marvel puts out these days except Daredevil, Thor, Strange Academy. The names as mentioned is a little cornball, the costumes look very 90s esque with the pouches and armor. The characters though are great, very likeable characters and I’m very interested to see where their story will go. The art is phenomenal, Benard Chang has outdone himself. This is a hit.

I had no intention of ever picking this up but now I will be following this title every month. Great first issue.

2 Likes

Yeah man, I agree with your sentiments. Also what I really liked were the real-world touches that made this title feel fresh (ex: the idea that one of their teammates is a cosplay “maker” and responsible for their outfits, and how one of the kids advises another about posting to social media cuz the street signs make the post identifiable).
And that ending too–It was both sad and filled with naive hope. Man what a great first issue.

3 Likes

Children of Atom #1 (Chang Variant) is back in stock at TFAW. Still seems to sell around their listed price with most recent sold at $39.99 on eBay.