Chu Fantasy Football

apocalypsenow-horror

1 Like

Whoo hooo!

The Packers accidentally won!

I think people should be posting their weekly points. Regardless if CHU did one or not. Show off your points for the week. Mine are always low but I have managed to be 6-5 so far.

My fantasy (turned horror) team is the Jets. So I’m 4-6.

1 Like

Non CHU fantasy football here: In one of my leagues, I lost 106.50 to 106.94, so that’s fun. Started 5-0. Now 6-5. Also fun.

You could be a Giants fan.

I think I know who can save the Jets…

facebook_1702428720030_7140503590139187333_876787756882491

2 Likes

Is the NFL really so dumb as to make the Chiefs/Dolphins game exclusive to a streaming platform?? Probably took a check from NBC to get their streaming numbers up or they just don’t want as many eyeballs watching the refs fix a game.

I can understand something like Thursday Night Football being exclusive to Prime… but a playoff game?! Talk about pissing off fans.

1 Like

IMG_0530

We don’t talk about playoffs…no no no…

1 Like

I remember watching that live. That was one of the greatest freak outs ever.

There was a time when football had some very animated coaches.

“You play to win the game!”

“They are who we thought they were!”

And then there’s Iron Mike Dikta…

“What’s the difference between a three-week-old puppy and a sportswriter? In six weeks, the puppy stops whining.”

“I always tell people i want to live to be 150 and they say ‘why would you want to do that?’ I say, ‘well there’s a few people i haven’t made mad yet, i want to get them.’”

Detroit at San Fran.

SF has beaten Detroit 13 straight at home.

Detroit has lost 11 straight road playoff games, currently the longest in the NFL.

Sounds like a few streaks need to end next Sunday…

2 Likes

Other active playoff road losing streaks (last road win)

Detroit = 11 (1957 @SF)
Buffalo = 8 (1992 @Pittsburgh)
Raiders = 7 (1980 @San Diego)
Houston = 5 (never won)
Miami = 4 (1999 @Seattle)
Denver = 4 (1997 @Pittsburgh)
Arizona = 4 (2008 @Carolina)

All other teams 3 or less straight road playoff losses.

I’d love to see the Lions upset the Niners. Also, if the Chiefs upset the Ravens, that would be very impressive.

Not happy with the Buffalo loss. Freaking handed to them at the end…self destruct.

And wide right…I was 16 at the time but I still remember the Norwood kick like it was yesterday…eerie…

1 Like

Before the kick i actually said to my son that he looks like Norwood.

Take a look at old pictures. The resemblance with the helmet on (i.e just face) + facial expression is uncanny

I don’t think anyone on the panel got the cheeky joke that Phil Sims made after the game last night. He said with a little smile on his face, “it must be very difficult to be a Bills kicker.” And the other guys just said “yeah, it’s so windy there.” He was actually very cleverly referring to the Scott Norwood miss in 1991 against his Giants team. Yeah, he was out of the game but it was evident he wasn’t talking about wind in Buffalo. I was pulling for the Bills in that game because I was/am a huge Joe Montana fan and when he got absolutely crushed by Leonard Marshall on that sack in the NFC championship, I cried just like any boy would watching his hero get hit like that. I still say that’s the best Superbowl of all time: XXV.

1 Like

That Marshall hit was the most crushing blow I’ve ever seen in my life in football.
It was full mass X velocity into an unknowing 180 lb stationary spread out body.

1 Like

I just rewatched it on YouTube. Still painful to watch. Montana’s hand got broken on that hit which a lot of people don’t know.

1 Like