Clownhunter 1:25

Anyone buying in? And at what target price?

Not meā€¦not really my thing. Not a fan of the look.

Iā€™ll actually take that money and likely buy the 1:25 of Liar Liar as I like the initial portrayal of her and she seems intriguing. Just my own personal preference.

Iā€™m much higher in Clownhunter then Liar Liar.

Batman antihero, teenager cracking heads with a batarang tied to a bat. Has a darker Casey Jones feel. Iā€™d take that over a WW villain any day.

I got in early with the 1:25 at $17.50. But if I didnā€™t, I would be okay at the $39 itā€™s currently for sale at. Better then ebay prices.

Additionally Clownhunter has the added benefit of the 1:25 being on his first app. Liar Liar the 1:25 is 762 and her first is 759.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for a $39 copy?

Midtown

Iā€™ve been getting the Batman 1:25 coversā€¦most for $20, but missed Clownhunter before prices jumped to $60. My LCS was going to get one or two, but has been charging $50-$60 for them, including the Joker cover which you can get for $25 on eBay.

So when it showed up as $40 on midtown I jumped at it. If the LCS offers me theirs for
$40 I might grab it if itā€™s 9.8 shape and sell the extra on the chance Midtown gives me a crap copy.

After that Iā€™m taking a break from DC 1:25s until Batman 101 when another unique character.

@Comp82 Agree that Clown is certainly a better contender.

Sounds lame, but the Liar Liar character struck a chord with me as she indicated she had a TBI/cognitive issues. Now granted, she is ā€œLiar Liarā€ and could be full of crap, but I work with TBI patients for a living and that drew me to her. Interested to see if somehow her powers were initiated by a TBI.

I often look for interesting things to ā€œopen the doorā€ with some of my patients (especially younger ones). A character in a comic with a TBI would make for a good therapeutic tool.

Iā€™m sure in the long run Iā€™ll buy both anyway lol. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Personal connection is always great!

I got a couple from Midtown. Cheapest Iā€™ve seen anywhere and I didnā€™t get a legends variant so figured I should at least get this one on the off chance it blows up. I like the character premise and design, although I know it hasnā€™t been universally well received.

Got what?

Batman 96 Jimenez variant

How long before Liar Liarā€™s pants will Be on fire?

You know that gag is comingā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bet you dollars to doughnuts Joker says that line at some point.

Liar liar is in Wonder Woman

Yes, but Joker is gonna somehow show up and say it.

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to grab the Clownhunter 1:25 Jimenez variant today from the LCS for $22.50. I also got the Cover A. Top, left corner has a very minor ding, but I can live with it.

Yes. Cover price. Love the cover hyped to read the A cover.

Sounds like his char and the story are relevant to the times so could be hot if a good dose of Punchline is involved.

New member been enjoying my time on the forums and learning a lot.

Anyone notice this book all of sudden selling multiple times?
Makes you wonder what the reason is it real news or a pump?

Yes this is still available at Midtown for a tad under $40, if you must have it.
https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1944544

Might save some FOMO pricing.
Nope donā€™t have any vested interest in this book just sharing like the rest of you.
But if anyone knows the ā€˜whyā€™ would appreciate the news.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t noticed myself. But itā€™s likely people starting to buy up as heā€™s becoming more prominent in the story line now. Also, since Tynion was pumping Batman #96 as his first appearance, Iā€™m sure most shops went heavy on this, thatā€™s why you can still find these at retailers.

2 Likes