Comic Investing/Speculating During A Recession

Oh, those poop sticks. Thought they outlawed them in the 90’s

2 Likes

Doesnt the recession technically start after the completion of 2 quarters of GDP decline (6 months)?

We’re still in pre-recession phase.

1 Like

Wait until eBay/Mercari/etc sends them a 1099 in early 2023…

New reporting requirements not going to go over well when people will already be struggling to make ends meet.

4 Likes

the amount of people who dont know thats coming is shocking to me, so many people gonna be screwed next march-april

3 Likes

I have an F250, diesel, with a 50 gallon tank. I feel your anal probe pain.

3 Likes

No. The recession is “declared” after 2 negative quarters of GDP. It starts when the contraction does.

1 Like

We have negative growth. You need two quarters where the stock market goes down. When is this quarter over?

Economy Shrinks 1.4% in First Quarter, Below Expectations

Tradd killed that Series, easily one of my all time favorite modern Artist. I wish I could grab some Mike Mignola or Jim Staranko OA also…

Have you tried comicarttracker.com in your search?

1 Like

:100: :100: :100: :100:

Just wait until this reality hits the online selling community outside of comics, cards, etc…
I know we all banter it about and are aware of it; but I remain of the opinion that the vast majority of the general public does not yet know they will be getting 1099s.
And boy oh boy are they going to flip their lid when they learn

3 Likes

wonder what happens when most people just trash can the 1099k they get

2 Likes

next year is going to be a popcorn year for sure with online sale slips. Tossing in the trash; tossing their lunch; tossing a fit. oofa!

IRS Auditors gonna be busy. I don’t think they are ready for this either.

3 Likes

how do you audit 50-100mil people, with inflation more people are selling stuff online, gonna be wild next spring

4 Likes

Profits are going to be down for many sellers.

2 Likes

A few days left, but I haven’t sold a single item this week so far. I think I’ve had one week in the past 3 years I didn’t sell anything.

Didn’t buy anything either though.

It was a slow week for spec too.

3 Likes

I no longer do online sales in 2022 on any platform (can’t imagine why)
But I have been doing my own yard sales, flea markets and small local cons.

My observations, this year, based on what I’ve been selling is that books $20 and less go like hotcakes.
Almost any and every comic book collector has no issue with dropping less than $100 for an assortment of titles they want.
But when it comes to the big boy books, the graded books, they just sit there and at most get a “how much” and that’s about it.

4 Likes

June 30th.

How many Auctions do you have posted in Total on average ? Just trying to Gauge from that. Thanks !

1 Like