Comic shops told to destroy next week’s DC titles

Anybody hit the jackpot? Shut out at 3 shops. None got them.

@D-Rog, I found them at one shop, out of five. I managed 6x Supes14A, 3x Supes14B, 3x Supergirl33A and 3x Supergirl33B, all at cover, and made a nice profit before I even got home from the shops. :+1: The real small shop by me, who is the literal comic book guy from The Simpsons, told me he was destroying his copies. I managed to convince him to sell me 3 copies of Supes14.

I could not find any. I am also in the Baltimore area less than 30 minutes from Diamond so that is not surprising. Diamond pulled all copies from every stores order around here

Im pretty sure all the shops around me got their copies. But the secondary market savvy stores did not put them on the racks, and the honest shops were actually returning/destroying them (i think).

If I owned a shop I would have destroyed them. Made a big bon fire and record it for youtube!

I dont have enough money in the bank, to be able to burn money in the streets.

They getting them replaced… okay, burning all those could be environmentally unsafe with the inks… to the shredders they go…

But I send DC an invoice for the cost of destroying them.

Don’t forget being reimbursed the COD charge for shipment as well…

Ah yeah… :slight_smile:

I went to my main shop and asked about these but they are a by the book shop, and said that they are returning them. They also said a ton of people were asking about them.

There’s no return them authorization out there. It’s a destroy them message and it was repeated by DC Direct e-mail again yesterday. The major change now though is with yesterdays e-mail, stores that got copies can now get freight credit for the copies they destroy.

DC COMICS DIRECT CHANNEL SPECIAL

AUGUST 15, 2019

818-977-5400

UPDATE: RETAILER ADVISORY ON

SUPERMAN #14 AND SUPERGIRL #33

DC WILL ISSUE FREIGHT CREDITS ON REPLACEMENT COPIES OF THESE ISSUES

TO QUALIFYING RETAILERS

UPDATE: Retailers, please be advised that DC will provide replacement copies of SUPERMAN #14 and SUPERGIRL #33.

Due to advance production schedules, the covers of both issues ultimately did not reflect the contents of the stories. Replacement copies with new covers will be provided at no cost to retailers.

REMINDER: DC asks that retailers who receive copies of SUPERMAN #14 ( JUN190540 - JUN190541) or SUPERGIRL #33 main and variant editions ( JUN190538 - JUN190539) destroy them when they arrive in stores.

Retailers are asked to submit an affadavit of destruction to Diamond. Retailers who comply with this request will be issued freight credits on their replacement copies of the issues.

Affadavits must be received by Diamond no later than August 30. Freight credits will appear on your September 18 invoices.

You can request an affadavit of destruction from your Diamond Customer Service Representative.

Please send complete affidavits to by mail to the attention of Steve Stoughton, Diamond Comic Distributors, 10150 York Rd., Suite 300, Hunt Valley MD 21030, or email to Steve Stoughton.

The replacement copies of the SUPERMAN #14 main edition will have a new cover by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado. This, as well as the variant edition replacement copies, are scheduled to arrive in stores on August 28 without “Year of the Villain” branding on the covers.

New main cover to
SUPERMAN #14 by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado

The replacement copies of the SUPERGIRL #33 main edition will have a new cover by Kevin Maguire. This, as well as the variant edition replacement copies, are scheduled to arrive in stores on September 4 without “Year of the Villain” branding on the covers.

New main cover to
SUPERGIRL #33
by Kevin Maguire

Retailers will be credited for these issues on their August 21 invoices.

Because of these changes, SUPERMAN #14 and SUPERGIRL #33 will be made returnable at a later date.

Watch for shipping updates on upcoming issues of SUPERMAN and SUPERGIRL coming soon.