Comic shops told to destroy next week’s DC titles

Supergirl #14 and Superman #33. Putting this up before bleeding cool cannpost it.

1 Like

Why is DC telling shops to destroy them?

1 Like

Midtown now listed as sold out.

And anyone who likely already ordered them will have those canceled as well.

That’s what I’m wondering…just about every site has either sold out or perhaps taken down the listing. I found a couple that have not yet and wonder if I should pull the trigger.

I’m actually concerned they WONT cancel the order and then just send you copies of the replacement a month later…

Ah, that’s true. If they have replacements in they might wait to send until they get them.

DC is saying that the covers do not match the content and they are reprinting with the correct matching cover.

Are the numbers correct because super girls on a lot more than 14 the moment

Isn’t it early enough that they just don’t ship them out at all to the retailers?

A lot of the orders were packed Wed-Thursday and out the door already. Some places even get them two days early so they may be popping up on E-Bay as early as Monday in hand ready to ship.

i think come Wednesday you will find several retailers selling this at a marked up price. They will tell thier customers the story and that they destroyed them but instead will have them on eBay.

So DC is asking…not telling.

Wonder why DC cares so much to go to such extents? I mean, it’s got to be like 90% of Marvel covers each week are irrelevant to the story inside… :slight_smile:

They can ask but the general assumption is many will ignore or say they didn’t see the e-mail which could actually be true in some cases. I went a couple years with Diamond deleting the majority of stuff they bombard you with weekly.

Retailers are asked to destroy all copies of Superman #14 and Supergirl #33 when they arrive next week. Except of course, they won’t, no one thinks they will, they will try and flip them on eBay for five times as much.

3 out of the 4 I would be very tempted to but that Supergirl Killer B is just too sweet of a cover and I really don’t want the other cover they appear set to replace it with.

Are we going to get freight credit for the weight of the books we just paid to have delivered?

Anything other than apology for tying up our money for more than two weeks waiting for a replacement hoping the customers don’t pick up copies somewhere else in the interim that weren’t destroyed and actually come back for them?

What happens if the books two weeks from now arrive damaged? I just had my worst delivery in 7 years last week with about 100 comics damaged by UPS imploding a corner of a box taking out an entire internal smaller boxes contents and that’s following one of the biggest deliveries with missing content, almost 50 books missing from the order paid for two weeks ago.

Probably not and if they truly wanted these copies destroyed, then they would ask that Diamond stop shipments and or ask retailers to ship them back.

So, if they’re truly just asking and not demanding, keep and sell or have some giveaways… that’s if you’re getting replacements.

Superman 14. Supergirl 32.

I would sell them and tell the customers they can have a free copy of the replacement if they wish to exchange it later. Maybe provide proof of purchase too (receipt or something). Why penalize the customer if they want to buy the book now? May lose interest waiting 3-4 weeks. Also, you may be able to sell them both copies!

My guess is most shops will hoard them and tell their customers they had to destroy them but secretly sell them on eBay or bring them out later.

In ththe end it’ll just Ben another variant cover with no one really knowing how many survived…likely 90% of them will.

I’m simply going to place a Post It note on any Pull and Hold that gets them normally … then, when the replacements get here, I’ll put those in the boxes with another Post It that says Free …

1 Like

That’s my thinking also, especially that Supergirl B cover. I have a young girl who I stash a copy for every month until she gets here that would probably enjoy having both. They also spend a good 20 minutes or more every visit throwing the squeeky toy up and down the rows for the puppy to chase so I slip extras in their bag sometimes when they aren’t looking. My biggest subscriber is the only subscriber for Superman and Supergirl A covers currently and I always hook him up as well.