Curses! Spoiled Again! (8/14)

Deal with your members then. I got the same info hours prior to BlondeStabby posting his post and I’m not part of your group.

1 Like

The books are available for reading on diamond. Anyone with diamond access has had a chance to read these books and several others all day.

1 Like

Exactly the info isn’t ground breaking. BlondeStabby is a retailer with a Diamond account with access to these previews so nothing was stolen or leaked from their “Precious FACTS” group on facebook.

1 Like

@FACTS_admin

If you want to discuss the contents of the thread, by all means, welcome to the CHU forums. If you’re just here to accuse others of nonsense, then perhaps you should just leave.

Everyone else, lets get back on topic. Another peep of what FACTS_admin brought up and we close this thread down.

1 Like

Nice catch stabby. So on a scale of one to ten, how much money should i throw at this? Will it be ground breaking or a one off ? And whens FOC on these books ?

Miles Morales has some variants for #10 to keep an eye on as well.
Both Captain Marvel 10 & 11 were buys simply because of the covers. Brooks is absolutely killing it on these.

I havent seen the covers yet, any ratio variant or all they all open for ordering ?

Yeah, I started picking them up because of that alone…

Picked up #9 yesterday. Great cover. Pre-ordered 10 yesterday as well. Cover art for 10 was out before issue 8 was released, causing some of the FOMO with that one.

@ComicHunter35
I believe an open order Lupacchino wrap around, 1:25 Garron, & 1:50 McGuiness.
Forgive me if I missed one.

As always BJ, You beat me to the punch.

Yeah Capt Marvel 10 is going to be a must have. Origins and all. Question is - will this be a one off or will she have staying power.

Miles Morales 10 has first appearances and new villains. It was an entertaining read and i will pick a copy up just to have. With retailers seeing these previews and uping thhier orders it might be a good thing seeing that the 1:25 will be cheaper and maybe even the 1:50 by Mcguiness. I will have to see what the cover is for those before i order any.

Did you get a chance to read Coffin Bound #2 ? I thought it was a good read. I can see this picking up steam.

I haven’t read Coffin Bound.

I’m not sure what all the stink was while I was watching football. MARVEL MAILER came in the e-mail yesterday like EVERY Thursday.
RETAILER PREVIEWS!

Marvel is pleased to announce the following RETAILERS ONLY Previews on Prevue! Previews are available on DCD’s website shortly for the below, with an FOC of 8/19:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #29
AGE OF CONAN VALERIA #2
BLACK CAT #4
CAPTAIN MARVEL #10
INVISIBLE WOMAN #3
IRONHEART #10
LOKI #3
MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #10
UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #48
SWORD MASTER #3 (COMING SOON)

That information is provided by Marvel and Diamond for use to make choices about purchasing and to inform customers of items they may want but haven’t signed on for yet and I’m pretty sure those two I went out of my way not to say exactly what happens although I’m not even sure that’s a real concern on a Spec site in a thread named “Spoiled Again!” for most people.

From that list I was able to download and read everything before the game except Age of Conan Valeria which I’m not interested in and Swordmaster which is not available yet but I have low expectations for after reading the first two issues.

I’m downloading Coffinbound #2 right now but I haven’t read #1 so it may not make sense to me. The only Image book I’m reading is Oblivion Song.

Now reading, the beginning is quite gory and unsettling. This does not appear to be a feel good type read. further in we have a woman with two pistols shoved in her pants getting aggressively hugged by a child which doesn’t sound like the safest choice that could have been made if you want to keep all your toes intact. I can’t really say the fish net see thru shirt with a bra is really the look I usually see around children in this area either. Some Eartheater thing that looks like it’ll have a Pop out before the ink dries from Funko. Then it looks like some straight Rated R sex scenes nudity and all which is my que to stop reading for now and go walk the puppy. This is definitely not child or puppy appropriate.

What I find interesting BJ is that you forgot to mention the best part IMHO. In regards to capt marvel 10, people should be on the hunt for issue number 1 in this series. So I will break the internet here with this one:

BREAKING NEWS

Due to the full reveal of who this character is in issue 10, people should be on the hunt for number 1 while it is cheap and when the issue comes out SELL SELL SELL !!!

#1 will be a hot flash once issue 10 comes out. You will have a very limited time to sell this comic to those that have the FOMO syndrome. I think the window will be around 1 week. Maybe 2.

The reason, to sweeten the pot … no spoilers … it’s her first appearance.

Enjoy.

I think this type of grit and gore is what the readers will be looking for. I think the series has legs and could become popular beyond what it already is. I’m not saying invest heavy on this, but I did put 5 copy’s on my FOC.

I’m actually doing everything I can not to get in trouble for openly spoiling it before Anthony or Bleedingcool does. I don’t think the secret identity part is of spec though since the conclusion of the story arc has to be [SPOILER] or [SPOILER]. I do have hopes that [SPOILER] gets her first long term major [SPOILER] from these developments and I would love to discuss thoughts on how limited she would or wouldn’t be as a long term [SPOILER] since she would in affect be limited to only having powers when in close proximaty to the [SPOILER] infected in mass from that particular [SPOILER] so anywhere else on the planet she would basically be [SPOILER]. I can see #10 and #1 becoming maybe double cover to $10 comics as keys but how key and how long that value lasts still depends on the conclusion to this story arc. It reminds me a lot of Iron Mans major [SPOILER] the [SPOILER] which makes sense since so much of this hero for the last 18 years has mirrored Iron Man and Tony Starks problems.

I can read the next 18 pages of that Coffin Blood 2 I down loaded if you think they’ll be of more use than the review of the first 12 pages so far. Hopefully no one will get upset about that one and start trying to hack my Facebook like last night forcing me to get locked out and change passwords this morning.

Don’t worry BJ. I got your back. We are the only ones allowed to give you a hard time. Everyone else can piss off.

If u didn’t like the first pages u won’t like the rest. But let me point out that you don’t need to like the comic for the comic to be popular. I think there will be a following for the books and it’s worth a small risk, not a large risk. Again I’m only ordering 5 on top of what I presold.

If you didn’t have clients buying the first issue then I don’t see them buying number two. But it might be an easy sell on eBay later.

I have two A covers of #1 but with the spec talk I never put them out. I usually blind order 2 copies of #1 and 1 each of 2, 3 and 4. I figured I’d bundle them together when the first 4 arrived if no one directly requested them before then. I should probably double up since I like having sets but this one doesn’t advertise a finishing point like (of 5) or something like that. So far I’ve resisted the urge to put the 4 issue starter bundles on E-Bay saving those slots for complete sets since anything ongoing may have someone walk in this fall wanting to start with all the back issues. I have to find something continually to keep the E-Bay store stocked since it’s on a 12 month contract rate and right now I’m stuck in the limbo of having way more than covered by the contract but not enough to justify increasing to the next more expensive contract store size. I need to shrink or grow and now they’re talking about forcing us away from PayPal to some new funding type (Managed Payments) which I’m not clear on yet. I’m not sure how that would affect my PayPal Working Capital Loan which included verbiage in the fine print about not pointing sales payments away from PayPal for the duration.

It seems nothing is ever simple anymore.

I haven’t read it yet either. I will look at it some other time

Moving further thru, I don’t know if that eartheater was in #1 but if not then it should be a 1st appearance.

I don’t get the guy cutting off all his limbs with the chainsaw.

They do manage to work in a page with her sitting on the toilet.

I’m not sure what the thing walking around with a bird skull in a bird cage is.

It does appear at least one of the handguns from earlier was defective and probably wouldn’t have shot a toe off by accident.

Appears to be a death reveal on the last page.

Not sure if any of that was helpful but I think I can definitely advise reading #1 before attempting #2. Screams future Quentin Tarantino movie to me.

Absolute Carnage Scream is back in stock at Diamond for the next few minutes if anyone needs restock. It appears headed for an ongoing series in November and I need to reread #1 again just to be sure what I read.

I didn’t quiet follow that story all to well. She is back with her symbiote and the other has he’ll power or something