Curses! Spoiled Again! (8/14)

Yup… :+1:

I gave Coffin Bound #2 the old college try just now letting one of my regulars that’s big into Image read the pdf of #2. No go from him though. He does like Tarantino movies he said. It looks like #1 is still running cover price at mycomicshop. I’ll keep plugging away. I’m downloading the pdf for #1 right now so next time I can let someone read it instead of #2 to start with.

I’m still confused by AC Scream. I’ll try to work another read thru in this afternoon. I lost count on who’s what symbiote now and I think one of woman actually gets eaten.

I’ve read issue #1. I could probably see it would be confusing if they started off with #2. I haven’t read #2 myself but I can only imagine it picks up right where #1 left off and it’s missing a lot of information. I thought #1 was good though but it would still be a book on probation for me, no commitments on it yet.

I just finished 1 and #2 was by far more gore. #1 now has some of what I read in #2 making more sense but it really feels like #1 doesn’t have a clean starting point. It’s more like we’ve jumped into a story already in progress without a program guide to make any sense of it. This could really use a 0 issue to set it up. Eartheater and vulture skull in a bird cage guy are in #1 so nothing spec from those two for #2.

Have you ever had someone high or drunk try to tell you a story and they think you’re getting it but in reality it feels like some important parts have been left out and others are being misrepresented? That’s where I’m at right now along with feeling I have just enough confusion to want to see if #3 clears any of it up.

Yeah, it kind of jumps in the timeline. I have a feeling if they do it right, more of the back history of the character will come forth throughout the story.

Nice catch stabby. So on a scale of one to ten, how much money should i throw at this? Will it be ground breaking or a one off ? And whens FOC on these books ?

Sorry, missed that question in the confusion this morning.

Final Order Cutoff is Monday.

Miles Morales has a number of qty variants and this Immortal Wrap.
The 50 and 25 Qty Variants do not have cover art solicited yet. Most of what I’ve already said is covered in their solicitation also so there’s no real surprise here.

SPIDER-SEMIQUINCENTENNIAL OR BIG 250th ANNIVERSARY ISSUE?
That’s right, it’s our 250th issue and it’s Miles Morales’ birthday! But YOU’RE getting all the gifts! A mystery dating back to Miles’ first appearance? Answered! A terrifying villain destined to become one of Miles’ greatest adversaries? Revealed! Special guests, like maybe Peter Parker: Spider-Man? YOU KNOW IT! All busting out of 25 pages by main series storytellers Saladin Ahmed and Javier Garrón, PLUS a bonus back-up by Ahmed and a special guest artist delving into the history of your new favorite character, STARLING! Your FOMO is well-founded! DON’T MISS IT!

The Immortal Wrap variant counts towards the qty ratios so I’m expecting a large print run even from stores not thinking spec value. I wouldn’t break the bank on it but if you can lock down a variant bundle package discounted or something it might be a low to mid range return on investment.

Captain Marvel 10 has no variants to chase of any type from Diamond. There’s plenty of time to get the word out there before COB Monday so once again, it’ll surprise me if it crosses the $10 mark consistently and mycomicshop alone may have enough order increase to anchor it on E-Bay at cover for weeks. It’s absolutely a book to have and pair with #1 as Mike mentioned earlier but until #11 ships it’s hard to know what the future for Star will be. I do want to go back and read the PDF again this weekend and your store should have access to it for you to take a look yourself when ordering if they allow that sort of thing. I still think the secret identity thing could easily be never used again based on how this story plays out in 11. You want be sorry reading it but expecting anything past the $10 range for anything other than #8 is a bit of a reach and gamble I feel. I’m not psychic though so please consult your local store for a chance to make your own decision. I’m actually considering reducing my order for the issue by FOC Monday. I don’t have any subscribers so far for the series and don’t have that it’s going to get into double digits and stay range vibe. I will read it again this weekend before deciding.

Just finished AC Scream and it made a lot more sense today reading at a slower pace without the confusion.

Spec on Venom 1 2003 I would think. It appears the dead Scream body just got animated and transferred it’s symbiote to the girl from Venom 1 2003. I’m assuming the lady and kids in the alley are being digested. It appears #2 is Scream on the new host vs Andi Benton. One of the two must survive this mess and be the one getting a new ongoing series in November.

First Appearance
Venom Vol 2 #31
(as Andi Benton)

Venom Vol 2 #38
(as Mania)

I think Captain Marvel #10 won’t be a big winner but I think it will cause Captain Marvel #1 as a back issue winner. There’s no doubt that Star’s first appearance as human with no powers yet is in the first issue. So this also makes issue #8 a winner as well, since she’s got her powers. Everything else that follows is back story and filler info… Key books now for the new Star gal is Captain Marvel #1 and Captain Marvel #8.

111,391 copies of #1 sold in January.
Another 11,766 second printings sold in Feb.
3rd Printing is still in stock right now with an unknown qty scattered over the last 6 months and counting.
The trade begins hitting stores in two weeks to further lessen demand for #1.

I need to reread the pdf again but my impression is she’s never going by that identity again if she lives through the current story arc. I see it up but I can’t picture it staying up long although I have so many copies of #1 I’m better off being wrong.

It’s big print run but that doesn’t stop books from becoming more valuable, if the demand kicks in, can still be a winner.

Even if she never goes by her reporter name again, it’s still her and still her first appearance. No one can debate that. An appearance is an appearance.

Did my first post get deleted? I can’t find it anymore.

Wren, what was your first post. The message above your message asking about if it was deleted says it is your first time commenting.

There’s some massive clean up from a lot of recent trolling. It might of been deleted if it was a reply of something else that got deleted.

Oh, I just posted how awesome it was that BlondeStabby was providing info and thanking him. Maybe it was just a technical glitch, but I just wanted to be sure to get the thanks out!

No. Not sure what happened. Your last post showed as the first post you had put on. Welcome all the same.

Just like Flash Rebirth #1 is August Heart, aka Godspeed’s, first appearance. When chatter began about Godspeed hitting the CW show people were chasing #6 ( though I think #3 is first, but #6 has one heck of a cover). Market didn’t care too much about the first appearance of the cop who went rogue.

Absolutely. I’m in total agreement on that part. It should definitely see some increase. It’s just that with her being a [SPOILER] that may not even be alive at the end of #11 it’s possible she never gets another comic use ever after this arc making her a typical 1 and done [Spoiler] that gets forgotten about quickly as a steady supply of new [SPOILER] are continually introduced to keep future stories going. My biggest hope is that they find some way to make her a long term reoccurring [SPOILER] that shows up every few years but with a limited range of operating distance it’s hard to see how that could be worked out at this point in the story.

I just got a peak at the Comichron numbers for TMNT 95 (15,381 copies) and that book with a lot of press is still parked in the $25 range until something happens in the future to bring on new fans chasing back issues.

Go Go Power Rangers 21 (1st Purple Ranger) and MMPR 41 (bunch of 1sts including Omega Rangers) are in the 10-11,000 range and so far not pulling a $10 bill although I still think they’ll get there as the story progresses.

For that matter Walking Dead 193 has the same size print (111,121) as CM1 and seems unsellable at $8 now. That has multiple tv shows I would have expected to be feeding interest continually.

Shocker.

Yeah but the comic ended. You always see a decline in indie books after their run completes even if theres a show or not. The show is in decline as well.

Captain Marvel isnt going away anytime soon and villains or antagonists come and go, somwtimes turn into heroes as well. The potential is still there despite the bigger print run.

I think everyone grabbed their copies. FOMO has already started. As soon as 10 comes out watch the flood of #1s hit eBay. Get in quick and get out, I say…at least for the regular open order covers.

print run doesn’t matter for longevity for very distinct cases…like ASM 300 and NM98. Big time characters that have stood the test of time.

I like the Walmart variant personally for the price.

I don’t think Captain Marvel’s going anywhere. It’s Star that could be the flash and gone. Other than #10 she basically has so little use scattered across 1, 8 & 9 that you may be able to count the panels on your fingers. I reread the book again today and it has to be one of the weakest inspirations for choosing a path of [SPOILER] I’ve seen in a while. I really hope they can offer something that makes her lasting but I’m thinking she’s short term now with the weak motivation and knock off secret identity job choice. From the story itself I get the feeling Captain Marvel and Minerva are working towards a storyline out in space coming up after this arc chasing down and saving the remaining Kree.