DARK BLOOD by Boom Studios

I think it is more being compared to the show in tone than the comic, so don’t let a dislike of the comic scare you away, maybe?

1 Like

That’s odd. I was taught about WW2 Japanese internment when I was in school wayyy back in the 80’s. It might depend on where you went to school.

Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (Cover E - Mora Variant 50 Copy)
Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (Cover C - De Landro Variant 10 Copy)
Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (Cover D - Mora Variant 25 Copy)

The variants are up for pre-order on FOC tonight

1 Like

To be fair, we need to call out companies when they are just trying to cater to a certain demographic for no reason besides profit.

I mean, despite all the Black Histroy, Women’s History, Pride etc covers that Disney/Marvel put out, how woke can they be when the literally film movies in China right outside of Uhyger concentration camps? Hell, they changed the Ancient One to an BRITISH WOMAN because China said “There is no such thing as Tibet”.

Im not saying that wokeism is Image or the author’s reason for publishing/writing the book AT ALL. I think the story DOES need to be told no matter how hard it may be swallow for some. America is a crucible, and equality is something every citizen of this nation (hell, the WORLD) deserves.

If you deem this to be off topic I understand, but given the premise of the book and the discussion it is meant to inspire, I would argue it is indeed on topic.

8 Likes

My LCS said this one has a 1 per store black and white copy too.

It has. It’s Dan Mora’s art in b&w. First time a cover from his i feel like it just did not pull me in.

all boom #1’s have a 1 per store

I really hate how over time being woke is something being thrown at as a “stereotype” or a swipe of insult due largely to these kinds of pretense from the media and other personalities.

Being woke should not be labelled like it is some kind of cult. It should be an idea as much as a natural law of how we should treat each other kindly.

And also, telling stories from the minorities perspective will most of the time include harsh truths because they always got it worse. If one cannot digest that and open their mind to understand their plight, then it is on them.

7 Likes

How do you know when a company is solely doing it for profit? Why is it that when a company decides to cater to a certain demographic with a few books it’s just wokeism and for profit? It can’t just be because that demographic is woefully underrepresented and that’s it. There is ALWAYS that sub-section of people who no matter what will call it wokeism and whatever else.

there are 5-10 1st apps every week, but get a gay character once every few months and its the companies being woke and gay pushing.

1 Like

This is why.

1 Like

considering many of those countries have anti gay laws, they more than likely are simply following the laws in those places.

Lol! Companies piss all over laws ALL THE TIME.

I think it is illegal in parts of the Middle East to be gay. Not sure if I had a business there I would put up pride flags. The local people of those accounts probably just want to have jobs and not get their place of employment burned down lol.

Also, if the main Bethesda, or whatever companies account, has a pride symbol up doesn’t that mean the rest of their offshoots support pride month by default?

its a crime many of those countries punish with the death penalty

I am so sick of everything being forced with an agenda. I’m not saying this comic. Just referring to the topic with the comments.

I will read the plot of a movie or comic. Either it interests me or it doesn’t. Seems like now we are judged for just not being interested in what others are interested in. I don’t expect people to be interested in all the things I like. Remember the expression “To each his own”.

On a side note I liked the HBO Watchmen show and had heard about the Tulsa massacre before the show. Only because I’m a history nerd. As for the Dark Blood comic, I’m going to pass.

2 Likes

Man Kill Bill and Alien are such terrible movies, I can’t believe the SJW police is shoving feminism down our throats

Didn’t realize you were being sarcastic for a moment and we were gonna fight about Kill Bill and Alien. Those are awesome flicks. For my money, “Aliens,” is even better, though, and the first volume of Kill Bill is more fun.

3 Likes

I always thought Kill Bill could have been one movie instead of two.

1 Like

Well it was originally filmed as one movie before being broken up to release separately

1 Like