DARK BLOOD by Boom Studios

Yeah, they wouldn’t let Quentin make it one big flick, there is a director’s cut with an even longer animation sequence where it is all one thing.

You know, you could just watch them back to back and it would feel like one big long movie… :wink:

People do that with television shows all the time. It is called, “Binging.” I’m not really into binging. I like to watch an episode or two of stuff a day usually. Savor it.

1 Like

TFAW stills has 1st prints and the 1:10 still showing available if anyone is interested.

Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (Cover A - De Landro)
Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (Cover B - Ba)
Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (Cover C - De Landro Variant 10 Copy)
Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (2nd Ptg Alleyne)

2 Likes

the 2nd print was on order cut-off the Monday before the first print releases. If it becomes hot, that 2nd print will be one to get

1 Like

This is 100% accurate. We saw the cover on CHU, but Previews never had the cover up so you had to search for it. I’d imagine a ton of stores just didn’t order any.

I think your right with 2nd print being the one to get. I was hoping to add 1 more to my TFAW order, but it won’t let me add one to it. I think it has potential especially since the writer has worked in tv before. Good chance this is a ‘made for tv’, optioned right out the gate comic book. Guess we’ll see.

Potential for an adaptation is a big possibility. I have yet to read it to see if it is written all over it. So far, I heard it was a smooth read. Nothing big reveals yet.

I mean, sellers on Ebay had the cover up before FOC…

Yeah, well I never saw it and the one listing now still doesn’t have it. There are multiple online stores that still haven’t posted it either. What the users of CHU forums see as they peruse the internet and what a majority of comic store owners see are not the same. Most owners I deal with locally wouldn’t even notice the 2nd print went up before the 1st print released and that maybe the book is popping already and they should order some.

Hell, I walked into a big store locally today with FOUR locations that did not order any of the Chang covers for Jabba Hutt #1. You know, the one with the new bounty hunter on the cover? They ordered only Cover As and the Jabba Headshot variants because it was a “Jabba the Hutt” book.

I realize the biggest mistake I make on FOC orders is thinking that a majority of comic shop owners look past their subscription base and actually do spec on new titles they’re ordering, making sure they don’t miss anything on FOC. That is not even close to correct in A LOT of cases.

2 Likes

Online stores and Ebay sellers are the most keen at noticing new covers. LCS arent reliable.

Assuming shop owners are good businesspeople or follow spec is a recipe for new comic day heartbreak.

Dark Blood #1 BOOM Studios Exclusive

2 Likes

Good looks

Yooo, good looking out. Big on this one and always miss these Boom exclusives.

Dark Blood almost sold out

Given the writers connection to amc and a first look contract with wb, it should have sold out fast. Speculators sleeping