Darth Vader 3

Waiting on the results from CGC on my 1:25 copy that I had sent for grading.

1 Like

Never gonna run around and desert it?

4 Likes

Be very diligent about getting good pictures of trying for a 9.6/9.8. That DV3 cover is very well known for rubbing off of the ink along the back spine.

I found mine online for $29 a year ago…it’s
In with CBCS and I’m thinking it has a great shot at 9.8…a rarity finding this book raw in that shape these days.

3 Likes

Your sense of humor is as bad as mine.

1 Like

I’m more worried about fooling round and desserting it.

You know how hard it is to get ice cream out of your comics? Damn near impossible.

1 Like

Just rip the cover off and send it to CGC.

2 Likes

Nice! Rare recap variant.

1 Like

Or donate it to needy children…

2 Likes

I’m ready for when Ms. Aphra makes her inevitable live action debut… I just need to get these graded.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I’ll definitely look closely at the pics.

Seeing these marks on a few copies available on eBay

Why does the first Black Series wave seem so long ago to me, yet Darth Vader 3 seems like yesterday?

Question for you fine folks: What would you consider to be a reasonable price for this book?

I’d like to pick up a copy for myself (I missed the boat back in day) but I also realize this is damn near the peak of the market before any trailer or casting announcement is made.

Help me, @drunkwooky you’re my only hope.

I would say try and go for a nice copy in raw condition over slabbed. You’ll save a lot of money. But it’s hard to tell honestly. Try to get a good average of sold listings in the past month of the lowest price and then the highest priced (preferably in the grade you desire) and go from there if it’s within your budget.

Is this a book you just want for the personal collection or you planning on flipping sooner rather than later? If you’re planning on flipping, I’d say just cut your losses and don’t bother (but that’s just me, I don’t like paying premium unless it’s just a book that I want for the personal collection until the day I die).

2 Likes

My advice is to wait, 9.8s are down 100 from there top. However watch Disney+ day stream on November 12th. If they announce aphra it’s going to spike fast within minutes. Imo aphra announcement is coming at some point.

3 Likes

There are three raw on eBay right now for $149. I don’t think that’s a terribly outlandish price actually. If anything, we’re in a bit of a dip between the end of Mandalorian Season 2 and Book of Boba Fett.

As recently as Jun-August TFAW’s we’re going for $170-180, and if memory serves, back during the grand speculation over that female imperial officer in Mando Season 2 at the end of 2020, they were peaking over the $200 mark.

3 Likes

Mostly PC with a chance of a flip at the right price, but it would have to be Giant Size X-Men $10k plus. If I can pay for a chunk of Grayson’s college tuition with a comic, I’ll do it.

I fell off of Star Wars with the whole sequel trilogy thing, it really turned me off but Mando has rekindled my love of the galaxy far, far away.

My fandom survived on a wing, a prayer, and old EU novels.

3 Likes

Make sure to check back cover well. I know the incentive is notorious for color rub, so I assume cover A is to

1 Like

There is a 9.6 on ebay for $200, free shipping. If $149 is the lowest for a raw, would you go slab or raw?
Newer to slabs, trying to figure out the raw vs 9.6 formula as 9.6 often go for little more than raw + slab costs like this one.

1 Like