Dc and their foil incentives

whats dcs upper managements infatuation with 1:50 foil covers ?
are people really ordering 50 cause its foil or cause it a 1:50?

I like the foil 2nd print 1:25s and the coming 1:100 Hughes Harley. I do like the DC foil ratios way more than the Marvel 1:100 virgins or 1:50 Hidden Gems

1 Like

Foils are amazing, I love collecting foil covers and DC are killing it with the art they choosing for those covers. I have the Poison Ivy Warren Louw and Harley Quinn Artgerm on my list when I find them below ratio.

Foil is just another gimmick. It does nothing to enhance the cover more. In the end, youā€™ll just be disappointed in the spine ticksā€¦

Its just slapped onto one of the others covers. I prefer non-foil covers.

1 Like

Can foil covers be pressed out?

When I asked this question to an experienced presser he indicated that a lot of foil flaws are beyond repair due to the nature of the surface. However, I believe mild waves and non-colour-breaking indents can be resolved by someone who knows what they are doing.

2 Likes

Who needs writing or new characters when foil covers gets shops to buy more copies than they might ever sell?

3 Likes

Retailers acting like consumers is bad for the industry!

1 Like

I am going to publish the first all foil comic. And then a year later slap an acetate cover on it.

It will surely be the next Miles Morales.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget to have an affair with the wife of the company that helps you do all this.

1 Like

And there it isā€¦.was wondering how long before the first infidelity joke.

But wouldnā€™t @Anthony ā€™s wife be the one having the affair with the company helping him?

Anthony would lose the Jeep toošŸ˜œ

How about an all tin foil comicā€¦that also folds into a hat!

i can see 2 companies attempting this

whatnot and bad idea

1 Like

Bad Idea would make it the first ā€œinvisibleā€ all foil comicā€¦

true

Scratch and sniff is the future of comics, not foil.

1 Like

its been done and no one cared

I still have my Ren & Stimpy #1 that was a scratch and sniff comicā€¦ :slight_smile:

see strawberry shortcake