DC Future State Spec

I’ll give an update next week if I remember…the ultimate litmus test is if they are all still on the rack.

Free for the regular cover.

I did have to pay for the 1 per store cover but below ebay prices. We were both happy.

They’re free in our b&m stores. If anything we’ll have to force them on some customers because we ordered so many.

sell stacks online. 25 copies per stack

What is someone going to do with 25 copies? I’m not questioning your strategy as I’ve sold stacks of freebie stuff before myself, I just always wonder who is buying them.

2 Likes

Well said.

I love free promo stuff from retailers. M&M Comics gave me a deck of 25 of those Batman 3 Jokers promo cards with a purchase I made. Have sold 12 of them for $5 each. 60 free dollars, thanks M&M! lol

Capture

3 Likes

Same creative team as Immortal Wonder Woman…Yara looks to be sticking around…

Time travel? Some books stay in the future?

I want to give these series a chance, both in terms of reading and spec. DC needs to revitalise and, as another poster mentioned, I want to see a healthy DC around for years to come. As long as they do not trash existing characters, why shouldn’t DC have a go at building new audiences?

1 Like

They need to continue evolving and Future State is another attempt at that. I agree, we need a healthy DC to keep the market strong. I see low risk, high reward for them with this event.

A lot of their core writers aren’t involved in future state so hopefully they take that 2 months to come up with new ideas.

Not all DC has been bad though, Tynion Batman was good, Williamson flash was good, tamaki Wonder Woman has been good.

I really liked all the Snyder stuff from Metal through Justice League all the way into death metal.

I have not enjoyed any of the Bendis stuff though and he’s writing to many titles for them.

So far, most of the writers writing the Future State books are moving to the main title books afterwards. So yea, theres a strong possibility that the Future State characters have staying power.

I personally think that DC has much better creator talent, and subsequently better comics books, than Marvel. Half of Marvel’s artists are an absolute joke these days. Imo. (Edit) I am a Marvel guy too, unfortunately it seems, lol.

1 Like

I think a lot of people have a bias towards marvel because the MCU is hands down better than the DC cinema stuff.

If you really sit down and list the titles you like and dislike between the big 2 it’s pretty close (at least for me).

There’s no comparison for me. As I like DC’s interior art for their books, I just can’t get into their characters or the story lines. I pick up way more Marvel than DC. It’s probably 9-1 in comparison… 90% of my books are Marvel compared to DC.

I am about the same as Poyo, especially once Death Metal is over. Ill check out the Future State titles but I doubt that is going to close the gap. I was enjoying Wonder Woman and they are already scrapping that creative team for another one. DC has no idea what they are doing.

Even liking DC I only signed up for a few of the future state titles from the writers I had heard of and then I bought a bunch of that Wonder Woman and first new batman.

If DC knew what they were doing they could have the next Miles Morales with a new Batman and Wonder Woman but I don’t have faith it will pan out like that. But Im also not gonna pass it up because fomo lol It’s not really fomo either it’s just worth taking the chance on a new Batman and Wonder Woman. I have no interest in the rest of the series though unless there’s more new characters coming out of this which I assume there will be

I think one issue DC characters sort of fall flat for some is, they’re not relatable at all.

You have Bruce Wayne who has billions to make him a hero.

Superman is just a god from another planet.

Wonder Woman is just a goddess herself.

Flash could be DC’s Peter Parker in a sense, smart, intelligent, gained his powers from accident, etc but nope, I just can’t get into the stories myself. I got into Williamson’s Flash a bit at first but being constantly reminded that “he’s the fastest man alive” gets old… I know he’s fast… get on with the story already…

Even with the Marvel godlike characters, I think that’s still a draw with some as most of the characters still come off with a sense of just being human, with problems we all have. I guess my take is, Marvel characters and stories come off as more realistic and DC is pure fantasy. They even made up city names on Earth… I like fantasy but when it comes to DC, it’s just the same ol, same ol.

3 Likes